OrangePi plus2e how do I get hardware acceleration to work in smplayer?

spottyrover

OrangePi plus2e

how do I get hardware acceleration to work in smplayer?

I am recording tv using tvheadend  and trying to play back using smplayer.

I have tried the available options for video output driver and X11 (slow) is by far the best but is not useable as there is still alot of stuttering.

top shows 138% mpv usage

vdpau is colored almost horizontal lines

All help is appreciated

Dave

@spottyrover

When I started a couple of months ago I hit these questions too... As Igor suggests install the Armbian  Legacy Ubuntu Desktop and you have a go.

If the video does not play on this distribution,  it is because of the codec, and you have no chance here except transcoding.

My mp4 files did not work, I created H264 mkv files which worked. On Orange Pi One I had success with 1080p 10MBps+

When you are playing from terminal, it will show what it is doing (hw/sw decoding etc). If you don't want to play with the mpv config file(s), you just use command line arguments:

mpv --fs --vo=vdpau --hwdec=vdpau /path/to/file

Actually "vdpau"a are already default... There are too many options in mpv, don't get lost :)

Thanks Bozden

mpv --fs --vo=vdpau --hwdec=vdpau /path/to/file

works very well

The problem is a lack of an easy to use interface.

as well as the video is on all desktops that is why I prefer to use smplayer

is it posible to use --vo=vdpau --hwdec=vdpau in smplayer?

Dave

I didn't try smplayer. But there are options in mpv to handle these. Check: https://mpv.io/manual/stable/

--screen=<default|0-32>

In multi-monitor configurations (i.e. a single desktop that spans across multiple displays), this option tells mpv which screen to display the video on.

Note (X11)

This option does not work properly with all window managers. In these cases, you can try to use --geometry to position the window explicitly. It's also possible that the window manager provides native features to control which screens application windows should use.

See also --fs-screen.

--fullscreen, --fs
Fullscreen playback.