Orange Pi Plus 2e Bluetooth does not pair keyboard

Nilton Da Silva

Friends I have a keyboard Rii i8 + I put the adapter that comes with the keyboard I put to locate by the bluetooth of the armbian it finds but at the time of pairing in happens nothing, only blinks green in Bluetooth and nothing else. I've tried another adapter, but it does not even appear as installed. This keyboard I use it with Openelec and works perfectly. Does anyone have any tips on what I can do for it to work on Armbian? Thanks.

DSC08273.JPG

Have you tried with our official desktop version? I made few tests and Bluetooth works while there are some problems with kernel 3.4.113 ... it could be, that we are missing something? Does it work with Openelec for this board made by @jernej ?

On 6/17/2017 at 7:33 AM, Igor said:

Você tentou com a nossa versão desktop oficial? Eu fiz alguns testes e o Bluetooth funciona enquanto há alguns problemas com o kernel 3.4.113 ... pode ser que estamos perdendo alguma coisa? Isso funciona com a Openelec para este quadro feito pela @jernej ?

Yes, jernej openelec version ok.  Long ago I talked about this, I wonder if it is possible to come in the next update. Searching I found this tutorial https://kofler.info/bluetooth-konfiguration-im-terminal-mit-bluetoothctl/ I did the procedure and also did not solve.

Screenshot_2017-08-26_15-46-35.png

On 26/08/2017 at 3:56 PM, Igor said:

A conexão Bluetooth já está implementada em armbian-config. Verifique a versão beta ou baixe scripts a partir daqui:  https://github.com/armbian/config

Igor, now the keyboard is working, thanks for the tip. I will make an account about how the connection is: I turn on the orange pi and I leave the bluetooth enabled so that it recognizes the keyboard sometimes I have to send it to search, the system finds the keyboard put to pair the sistem pareia and asks for a password of connection but it never provides the code. I unplug the keyboard and connect again and it works without the code. Can you tell why this happens?

Igor had not tested the keyboard in Retrorangepi and I installed it through the emulation station bluetooth menu and it worked perfectly. When it searches for the keyboard and it is found the system informs the code to be typed on the keyboard as soon as the code is entered it stopped the keyboard and everything works on Armbian.

On 5. 9. 2017 at 11:48 PM, Nilton Da Silva said:

Can you tell why this happens?

I am not that kind of an expert in Bluetooth tech. I just started to implement this and I am not sure everything works as expected. I just made few tests with connecting BT equipment. Mouse connected and started working instantly, while keyboard refused to connect. Both ways I was using CLI Bluetooth connector from within armbian-config with which I already succeed to connect this particular keyboard and with the same chip, but on modern kernel ... I have to debug more.