Problems with Orange PC+

blaster_56

Haaaa no one understand what i doing...

Product i have : 

- Orange Pi Zero H2+ x2

- Orange Pi Pc Plus H3

First Orange Pi Zero H2+ i received is dead (boot but nothing)

Second Orange Pi Zero H2+ boot but problem to access via network on debian jessie problem with ethernet driver i guess

I'v surrender the Orange Pi Zero and i'v buy the Orange Pi Pc Plus H3 with EMMC, i have downloaded the last image of debian jessie on armbian for my Orange Pi Pc Plus H3

Orange Pi Pc Plus H3 boot everything ok with lastest debian version of debian jessie exept ETHERNET so i'v try to build my own rom with the armbian building script from igor pecovnik.

I choose os installatioon then "Orange Pi Pc Plus" then kernel dev & default (i'v tryed both) then jessie then console interface.

Building is ok i have the output with my img i flash it with etcher then i put in my Orange Pi Pc Plus H3 then boot and i have this :

9lVxpDp.jpg

A strange GUI look like a Android Version absolutely not what i'v build in my xenial ubuntu...

So i surrender too, i'v looking for everything around problem with ethernet and finnaly i'v found dat i have to force with ethtool 100 mbps then its working. But this is totally not professional or stable so i'v tryied with the last driver dwmac-sun8i but its exactly the same...

Nothing working, i'v try my best but i dont found a STABLE debian img for my both Orange Pi (without the trick of ethtool)

That's where i am now...

11 minutes ago, blaster_56 said:

That's where i am now...

Now start where you should start at first place:

https://docs.armbian.com/User-Guide_Getting-Started/#prerequisites-for-new-users

Most likely your SD card or writing method is failed. Orange Pi PC+ is one of the most popular boards and all stable (legacy) images are tested.

Photo indicates you are booting preinstalled Android from internal eMMC card.

I'm not a beginner in linux & board, i'v tried 2 different class 10 SD card + 2 power supply bought DIRECTLY from aliexpress in the ORANGE PI PACK.

I'm not the only one who face this kind of problem, i can garantee you that the Debian Jessie Image was not tested and Ethernet Driver is corrupted. (version 5.25 and 5.30)

Igor, you have made this script so can you explain me why i have this chineese home screen after i build my image from your script ????

Regards

31 minutes ago, blaster_56 said:

I'm not the only one who face this kind of problem, i can garantee you that the Debian Jessie Image was not tested and Ethernet Driver is corrupted. (version 5.25 and 5.30)

There are lots of problems with experimental kernel which is this topic about and which we don't support.

If you have Opi PC+ and you want Debian Jessie: https://dl.armbian.com/orangepipcplus/Debian_jessie_default.7z (tested!)

This screenshot is for sure the stock Android from eMMC !

If you are not a beginner with Linux and SBC, then you should have already hooked-up an USB Serial on the Debug Serial Port !

You will see that it is booting for sure from eMMC ...

I agree with martinayotte. 

You are missing the basic knowledge in playing around with these boards. 

Start from scratch and read the documentation. Do you self a favor and learn how to use a serial connection to the boards. 

There is now way you will get an Android system with an Armbian image. 

So please go the section of your boards on the Armbian site and follow instructions. 

(btw, you don't need to post in BOLD)

It is stricly impossible that you got an Chinese Android from Armbian build, and if you had flash the eMMC, this Android should never came up !

So, you simply did NOT succeed to flash eMMC !

(... and you didn't answered if you plugged a USB Serial and capture boot log to prove your facts ...)

(@op1tjaap is right, you seems to hijack this thread : do you known what dwmac-sun8i driver is ?)

Funny guy !

Since he was the OP, he still had the right to change the thread title from "dwmac-sun8i" to "problems-with-orange-pc" within minutes after I said that he hijacked the thread ...

EDIT : oouups ! I think it is one of the moderators that decide to split the thread ...

6 minutes ago, martinayotte said:

Since he was the OP, he still had the right to change the thread title from "dwmac-sun8i" to "problems-with-orange-pc" within minutes after I said that he hijacked the thread ...

That was me :) ... since I cut those posts out and move them under new topics.

Thanks Igor and martinayotte for your help in this. I will leave this post now because I already gave some advices what to do to get the device online.

If  I have news about the dwmac subject I will post it in "my" post. 

@martinayotte You was right, the image i'v build didn't boot, so it was the default emmc image. (i did too many test so i'v forget that i flash the emmc after)

I have build again with the 5.31 version -> Same problem image didn't boot "Armbian_5.31_Orangepipcplus_Debian_jessie_default_3.4.113" from igor build script

Edit : I have a writing problem between my virtual machine and my computer (???), i'v just check the both checksum they are different...

@Igor i'v test your image, writing it with live linux, same problem about ethernet, wifi work very well but ethernet is not working, it didnt take the dhcp and dont working in static IP, link is ok from ethtool, ethernet cable work with my computer.

Same cable : http://prntscr.com/flhuce

Cable is OK

Dhcp is OK

Regards

42 minutes ago, blaster_56 said:

i'v test your image, writing it with live linux, same problem about ethernet, wifi work very well but ethernet is not working, it didnt take the dhcp and dont working in static IP, link is ok from ethtool, ethernet cable work with my computer.

If you have network problems with all images and also with preinstalled Android, that makes me think on rare hardware issues, which we can't help much. I have seen bad soldering causing them - check your PCB for possible defects. Try once again with Zero - network stack is exactly the same and board must works - with image for it.

I can assure you that network in our images works (this is a very basic condition for development images too, unless broken) - I made a test on the image which I propose you for download. Just to make sure.

For network problem about orange pi pc plus, i think its not hardware, i'v test on 2 orange pi pc plus same problem.

I'v tried with the last image : Armbian_5.30_Orangepizero_Debian_jessie_default_3.4.113

On my 2 Orange Pi Zero H2+.

Material used : 1 SD Class 10 Samsung and 1 Kingstom Class 10, 2 PowerSupply from Aliexpress, 1 from Amazon all 3000 mah (all working well with raspberry)

Video of Booting : https://youtu.be/IBpLyQKrjog

One totally Stuck (Left)

One looks booting well (Right)

Spoiler

T15zKeiRQeCt4ufZNVHpbQ.png

Cable & DHCP OK

Orange Pi Zero take the ip address from DHCP link is OK, It answer rarely to the ping ~75% packet loss 

Spoiler

xr4IY6DxS_STpAyZ48-Rig.png

On Ubuntu you can see clearly that the Orange Pi is not stable about ethernet

Spoiler

ZYHxUgI.png

SSH access is 100% impossible :

Spoiler

u1Wc8-9UQHyyrcNgJDiPfg.png

All Images hashe are verified & burn with Etcher, DHCP working 100% (windows/linux) cable are 100% checked.

On 2 Orange Pi Zero Ethernet is Dead, On 2 Orange Pi Pc Plus Ethernet is faulty. 

I really dont undertand what's happend, and i saw on some forum that i'm not the only one who face ethernet trouble on orange PI

Regards

I made another test with exact same image: http://sprunge.us/aGEB + iperf test. I switched ports, first time was gigabit, second fast Ethernet.

Spoiler

[ ID] Interval           Transfer     Bandwidth       Retr  Cwnd
[  4]   0.00-1.00   sec  11.7 MBytes  98.0 Mbits/sec  110    266 KBytes       
[  4]   1.00-2.00   sec  11.1 MBytes  92.8 Mbits/sec   54    215 KBytes       
[  4]   2.00-3.00   sec  11.3 MBytes  94.9 Mbits/sec   27    168 KBytes       
[  4]   3.00-4.00   sec  11.2 MBytes  93.8 Mbits/sec    0    187 KBytes       
[  4]   4.00-5.00   sec  10.8 MBytes  90.7 Mbits/sec    6    153 KBytes       
[  4]   5.00-6.00   sec  11.4 MBytes  95.3 Mbits/sec    0    177 KBytes       
[  4]   6.00-7.00   sec  10.8 MBytes  90.8 Mbits/sec    0    191 KBytes       
[  4]   7.00-8.00   sec  11.1 MBytes  93.3 Mbits/sec    0    205 KBytes       
[  4]   8.00-9.00   sec  1.49 MBytes  12.5 Mbits/sec    2    202 KBytes       
[  4]   9.00-10.00  sec  0.00 Bytes  0.00 bits/sec    1    202 KBytes       
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
[ ID] Interval           Transfer     Bandwidth       Retr
[  4]   0.00-10.00  sec  90.9 MBytes  76.2 Mbits/sec  200             sender
[  4]   0.00-10.00  sec  90.9 MBytes  76.2 Mbits/sec                  receiver

[ ID] Interval           Transfer     Bandwidth       Retr  Cwnd
[  4]   0.00-1.00   sec  12.7 MBytes   106 Mbits/sec    0    691 KBytes       
[  4]   1.00-2.00   sec  11.2 MBytes  94.4 Mbits/sec    0   1.34 MBytes       
[  4]   2.00-3.00   sec  11.2 MBytes  94.1 Mbits/sec    0   1.78 MBytes       
[  4]   3.00-4.00   sec  11.5 MBytes  96.4 Mbits/sec    0   1.95 MBytes       
[  4]   4.00-5.00   sec  11.4 MBytes  95.3 Mbits/sec    0   2.02 MBytes       
[  4]   5.00-6.00   sec  10.7 MBytes  90.0 Mbits/sec    0   2.04 MBytes       
[  4]   6.00-7.00   sec  11.8 MBytes  99.0 Mbits/sec    0   2.05 MBytes       
[  4]   7.00-8.00   sec  10.6 MBytes  89.0 Mbits/sec    0   2.06 MBytes       
[  4]   8.00-9.00   sec  11.7 MBytes  98.4 Mbits/sec    0   2.06 MBytes       
[  4]   9.00-10.00  sec  11.0 MBytes  92.1 Mbits/sec    0   2.07 MBytes       
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
[ ID] Interval           Transfer     Bandwidth       Retr
[  4]   0.00-10.00  sec   114 MBytes  95.5 Mbits/sec    0             sender
[  4]   0.00-10.00  sec   114 MBytes  95.5 Mbits/sec                  receiver

My board is Orange Pi Zero 1.1 as you can see on the pic. My zero works with zero problems. Change cables, inspect PCB, which version is yours?

20170619_144739.jpg20170619_144714.jpg

23 hours ago, blaster_56 said:

2 hours ago, blaster_56 said:

i saw on some forum that i'm not the only one who face ethernet trouble on orange PI

If I were you I would stop always making funny assumptions and claims and start to concentrate on the relevant stuff. In the meantime you claim you ruled out problem N°1: SD card troubles. On your video that is called 'Ethernet Problem Orange Pi Zero H2+' for reasons unknown to me we see one OPi Zero booting (the right one) and another one not booting at all (the left one). You get Ethernet leds lighting solid when the device has no valid boot source at all (eg no SD card present or an SD card with garbage written to) or is underpowered. The latter is major problem N° 2 especially on boards that are powered the shitty way (Micro USB).

Can you please use the Micro USB cable from the non booting Zero, connect it to the same power source as now, boot a Raspberry Pi 2 or 3 and then provide the output from this (the whole 19 digits please!)

perl -e "printf \"%20b\n\", $(vcgencmd get_throttled | cut -f2 -d=)"

Then exchanging the SD cards between those 2 OPi Zero would be another simple and self-evident test. 

#########################SD TEST################################

TEST 8 GB KINGSTOM

Warning: Only 14895 of 14896 MByte tested.
Test finished without errors.
You can now delete the test files *.h2w or verify them again.
Writing speed: 9.35 MByte/s
Reading speed: 75.2 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4

TEST 128 GB SAMSUNG

Warning: Only 122590 of 122591 MByte tested.
Test finished without errors.
You can now delete the test files *.h2w or verify them again.
Writing speed: 19.3 MByte/s
Reading speed: 43.5 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4

################################################################

PI on the left side is the PI "A" Version 1.1
PI on the right side is the PI "B" Version 1.4
Power Supply on the left side is the "A" one
Power Supply on the right side is the "B" one
Black SD Card is the SD Card "A"
Orange SD Card is the SD Card "B"

Voltage on Supply A is : 5.35 V 
Voltage on Supply B is : 5.15 V 

In the first video configuration was A,A,A and B,B,B

@tkaiser cable isnt removable, result of the command is ; 0 (throttled=0x0

#########################RASPI TEST#############################

Test on Raspi 3 :

Power Supply A : throttled=0x0
Power Supply B : throttled=0x0

################################################################

Regards

20 hours ago, Da Alchemist said:

I have just checked my OpiPC+ it is running fine and stable.

.Bildschirmfoto_2017-06-19_23-15-12.thumb.png.8f11f30792ccbf0162bd8af72c18969a.png

I think, there is some Problem with your Network.

Regards

My Network work good, and you are not under debian jessie.

Regards

@Bubba i'm happy to ear that, you have the same problem as me. Which version of board you have ?

I have bought laboratory power supply  0-30V 3A, and same problem here the video : 

I have the version 1.4, Ethernet not working 100% on Rasperry Zero version 5.30 debian jessie, i'll try to build from source and try the new Image. I have the same problem on my 2 Orange Pi Pc Plus v1.1

@Igor What do you think about it ?

Regards

IMG_20170619_202906.thumb.jpg.6809cace441d15c372fb0349dda4f14e.jpg

Just now, blaster_56 said:

I have the version 1.4, Ethernet not working 100% on version 5.30, i'll try to build from source and try the new Image.

You will only waste time - building from sources won't make any difference.

If this new hw revision is changed to the degree that Ethernet stop working, than we have a problem which need close examination. First I'll wait for others to confirm non working network on v1.4 than I'll ask board maker what was changed and why.

18 minutes ago, blaster_56 said:

I'll try anyway and if its not working i'll contact aliexpress to stop selling this default product until problem fixed.

I am almost 100% that it won't work - there are zero relevant changes to sources between 5.30 and today. Still wanna try? :) Those are development boards and if something is not working perfectly fine, nobody cares since most such things are fixed with software ... We have one (few?) known case(s) and there are 10.000+ happy Orange pi Zero users. Nobody will believe ... even I was initially very sceptical. It also could be some hardware damage, which can happen.

28 minutes ago, blaster_56 said:

here the video

Your conclusion 'voltage is fine' is not backed by anything since you measure on the wrong end of the cable. Connect either your Multimeter to pins 1 and 2 of the 13 pin header or even better the PSU to these pins (since Micro USB is shit). Pinout: http://linux-sunxi.org/Xunlong_Orange_Pi_Zero#Expansion_Port

Then please provide the output of 'ipconfig /all' from your Windows machine, also 'tracert 192.168.1.40' and then 'arp -a'. On the OPi Zero please provide output from 'traceroute 8.8.8.8'