Olimex Lime 2

PaceyIV

I put torrent server on Lime 2 and some stress testing scripts on Cubietruck with 4.11.5-sunxi ... I want to see then crash :) ... only one day up time, so hard to make any conclusions yet.

I use my board as a web server, the load is very low.

There is always on apache, exim4, rpimonitor, minidlna, samba and flexget.

At night there is transmission and some script that mirror some directory on google drive and idrive.

15 minutes ago, PaceyIV said:

Your board is still alive?

Yes. It's also accessible from outside and if you want to take a look and break it down :D, I can give you root access. Send me PM. 

Uhm...Now that I enable watchdog I retry to upgrade my server to the new kernel and uboot.

In my case the board crashes when I don't use it,  I don't think there is something that I can do to break it down.

Do you enable log2ram? (How can I stop receiving mail from it by cronjob?)

And do you use rpimonitor?

1 hour ago, PaceyIV said:

In my case the board crashes when I don't use it,  I don't think there is something that I can do to break it down.

Maybe monitoring? https://github.com/armbian/build/blob/master/scripts/armbianmonitor/templates/sun7i_next.conf

But obviously you should then also massively decrease commit interval in /etc/fstab since with the default 600 seconds the important stuff might be missing. The only time I had stability problems with an inactive board it was due to the cheap USB power supply dying (I bought 6 off Aliexpress ~3 years ago, 4 are dead already but all 6 went already to the recycling yard to save me from further hassles)

33 minutes ago, PaceyIV said:

5V power supply that I bought from Olimex

This information doesn't help much since

5V at just 1A doesn't look promising too. Having the battery also should save you from powering hassles but all I really know about hardware is: all hardware will eventually die. If hardware behaves nice it dies immediately, if hardware dies slowly it gets mean.

It also doesn't help that much when you switch forth and back with kernel version since remaining back at 4.9.7 for at least a week would be the best idea (to save us from searching for a software problem where it's then most probably just hardware if your Lime2 is still instable. BTW: no luck to access your RPi monitor and my suggestion above was to exchange the template since RPi-Monitor standard templates don't monitor most of the relevant stuff)

15 hours ago, PaceyIV said:

Before upgrading to the last kernel the board was quite stable uptime from a week to month. 

I think everyone understood that. I was suggesting switching 'back to 4.9.7 for at least a week would be the best idea' and not constantly replacing kernels for a simple reason: Since if you then also experience instabilities it's most probably not a kernel problem. On the other hand we had stability troubles with Olimex boards in the past that were related to u-boot (overclocked DRAM by manufacturer) so it might be a good idea to also switch back to the old u-boot version for such a test.

Wrt monitoring all I was suggesting to make monitoring work if you're interested if there happens something the last seconds before the board freezes (that's why I was talking about commit interval in fstab). Since with default commit interval of 600 seconds most probably all the interesting stuff is simply missing after you power on the board again. Just a suggestion...

My rootfs is on a sata hard disk.

Here my fstab

/dev/sda1  /           ext4    defaults,noatime,nodiratime,commit=600,errors=remount-ro        0       0
/dev/mmcblk0p1        /media/mmc   ext4    defaults        0       0
/media/mmc/boot   /boot   none    bind        0       0
/dev/sda4  /media/data           ext4    defaults,noatime,nodiratime,commit=600        0       0
/var/swap none swap sw 0 0

What value I have to put as commit interval? 1?

I have to disable log2ram? How can I do it?

I modified my fstab according to the link that you provided me but I don't restart the board to apply the changes.

I thought to apply at the first freeze, but with Armbian 5.32 the board is still up (uptime 7 days).

The difference between Armbian 5.31 and 5.32 are only about cryptography?

16 minutes ago, PaceyIV said:

The difference between Armbian 5.31 and 5.32 are only about cryptography?

Not just that, it's 4.11.4 vs 4.11.5, hard to say if it's relevant ... mine is also still up and running, served 100 GB of torrent downloads in 11 days :) 

I think the watchdog have restarted my board this morning at 5.31 AM during battery recharge.

GzS63yR.png

Igor, your board is not available now. Do you have changed your ip address?

1 hour ago, PaceyIV said:

Igor, your board is not available now. Do you have changed your ip address?

No, I put it offline today since it didn't want to fail :)