Arduino IDE on Udoo

Tyler Vaught

Question

I finally got my Udoo Dual up and running with Mainline 4.4 Xenial Next and I was wondering how I go about getting the arduino environment back on to it. I downloaded the arm version from arduino and it sees the correct serial port but how do I access it within arduino. I updated the board package to include the Udoo boards but when I hit upload, it says bossac tools are unavailable for my board? What do I need to do to fix this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4 answers to this question

I'm running custom built images for (xenial-next), and ArduinoIDE 1.5.4 (the newer IDE would be easier to run if Udoo updated the board package json to have arm support).  This may be old, but I needed the latest java jdk, a custom Arduino 1.5.4HFP from Udoo & a custom bossac for udoo (forget where I got it from, but its attached)

To get it running, i did :

#Get latest jdk (Linux ARM 32 Hard Float ABI) @ http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk8-downloads-2133151.html

mv jdk-8u131-linux-arm32-vfp-hflt.tar.gz /usr/lib/jvm/
cd /usr/lib/jvm/
tar xvf jdk-8u131-linux-arm32-vfp-hflt.tar.gz

#Update Java

update-alternatives --install "/usr/bin/java" "java" "/usr/lib/jvm/jdk1.8.0_131/bin/java" 1 
update-alternatives --install "/usr/bin/javac" "javac" "/usr/lib/jvm/jdk1.8.0_131/bin/javac" 1 

update-alternatives --config java
update-alternatives --config javac

#symlink libmpc

cd /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf
ln -s libmpc.so.3 libmpc.so.2

#extract Arduino IDE 1.5.4 http://udoo.org/download/files/arduino-1.5.4-hfp-for_UDOO.tar.gz

cd /
tar xvf arduino-1.5.4-hfp-for_UDOO.tar.gz

#Overwrite /arduino-1.5.4/hardware/tools/bossac  with attached bossac-udoo

bossac-udoo