quick review Banana Pi M3
3 3

125 posts in this topic

My specific use case is a network monitoring device. Basically i want to send all network traffic (internal as well as external) to the device and apply some monitoring to it. That's why it needs a high performant network interface, and some decent processing power. Ive tested it on the rpi3, and while it works fine for very small networks, I would love to improve the performance a little bit.

Well, still missing some bits of information to give a recommendation (no idea what's the bottleneck). At least when this should be some sort of sniffing a 2nd network interface and decent processing power would be great and then it's already time to think about x86 based solution (BTW: That's one of the advantages of Apple MacBooks like the ones i use: By simply plugging in one or two $25 devices one gets one or two more GbE NICs -- connected through PCIe and not Thunderbolt -- that can be used for real-time sniffing by intercepting all traffic on a wire)

Hello, friends!

I will share my experience. The seller sent me a broken banana pi. Inductance is damaged on the board. Where I noticed the Close-up closeup the Close-up closeup 2  Council work, but on the net there were errors. I did not want to send it, because in Russia the cargo is a lottery. I offered to return a small part of the money to me. I do not think that this breakdown is serious. I soldered the inductance, I soldered the power plug, he behaved badly.  
But the seller refused to return a small part of the money. I do not want to complain, but to warn people that the seller is not loyal. Now my board is  working I'm sorry, I filled the board with the composition , but I do not know where to get a good operating system. In those that are available on the site, the  banana pi  does not work. What will the community tell me?

Why are not Enthusiasts engaged in Armbian for this board?

Today, including the board, I noticed that the kernel is not always loaded exactly.  I'm using the debian 8 kernel 3.4.39, desktop mate.  Once the board loads it can work well, work clearly, without errors, all interfaces and devices will be available.  But the board can be loaded incorrectly.  There will always be errors, not all interfaces and devices will work.  There is a serious problem, there is no support for the UART kernel.  I want to communicate with the community, I want to learn how to enable the UART kernel in the bootloader?

On 05.02.2018 at 4:54 PM, buratino said:

Hello, friends!

I will share my experience. The seller sent me a broken banana pi. Inductance is damaged on the board. Where I noticed the Close-up closeup the Close-up closeup 2  Council work, but on the net there were errors. I did not want to send it, because in Russia the cargo is a lottery. I offered to return a small part of the money to me. I do not think that this breakdown is serious. I soldered the inductance, I soldered the power plug, he behaved badly.  
But the seller refused to return a small part of the money. I do not want to complain, but to warn people that the seller is not loyal. Now my board is  working I'm sorry, I filled the board with the composition , but I do not know where to get a good operating system. In those that are available on the site, the  banana pi  does not work. What will the community tell me?

Why are not Enthusiasts engaged in Armbian for this board?

Today the seller returned the money for the damaged board. I am grateful to him.