Problem with FBTFT

A-P

Hi,

I'm using fbtft with legacy kernel in orange pi zero to be able to use 3.5 inch raspberry LCD with ILI9486 (not sure). Everything works and I can get image from the LCD (although it is terribly slow). But I have one big problem. LCD freezes after some time or when screen screen changes or even sometimes during initialization .

Is there anything wrong with the spi driver in armbian ? How can I get over this issue ? I'm sure there is nothing wrong with the lcd because I have tested same lcd on raspberry pi and I have about 500 of these lcds for a project.

This is the my fbtft options : modprobe fbtft_device custom name=fb_ili9486 gpios=dc:18,reset:2 busnum=1 speed=8000000 txbuflen=32768 rotate=270 fps=1

By changing fps to a higher number frequency of hanging increases a lot. that why we set it to one and as we only use the lcd as a static notification viewer it makes no problem. But hanging and freezing is the problem. 

I somehow think that the main problem is due to the buggy X server because even when lcd freezes if we kill X process lcd gets back to work.

Any suggestions ?