FbTFT and wrong colors

st4ck

Hi, I'm testing a clone of Waveshare 3.5" (A) TFT with the mainline kernel and I've trouble with colors

With legacy kernel works very well until SPI driver hangs (see https://github.com/notro/fbtft/issues/413 for reference) due to a bug

So I've decided to test it with the new kernel

The TFT is attached on SPI1 and I'm able to correctly load fbtft_device (with ILI9486) and I'm able to start xorg, executing SDL & GLX application

But all the colors are wrong. I've also tested bgr or mode args during modprobe without any results

I attach a photo of the display running glxgears with kernel module loaded as follow

modprobe fbtft_device custom name=fb_ili9486 buswidth=8 gpios=dc:18,reset:2 speed=16000000 busnum=1 rotate=0 width=320 height=480

Any suggestion?

PS original glxgears colors

170px-Xf86_glxgears.png

IMG_20170731_205228.jpg

Lowering the speed to 8000000 made it better for me but it still freezes.

Using dietpi (originally armbian but lighter) reduced the frequency for me. (but not fixed the problem)

I saw that you've sent a bug report to notro about the problem. Please keep us updated if you received any reply.

Regards.

I tried to recompile fbtft changing colors and making same changes, without lucky. I think It's a kernel problem (spi module) and I don't see any solution by now. I'll keep you updated if there are positive news.

By the way, on raspberry pi zero the same screen works like a charm up to 48mhz giving me real 60fps with same release of fbtft drivers