Bananapi m1 Poweroff reboots system

somethingKiwi

Hello everyone,

My bananapi is running on the mainline kernel.
When i try to poweroff the bananapi it reboot's but without it's networking services online.

The bananapi is connected to a battery, but i do expect it to power off completely.

I came across this topic but it is about a cubieboard running on the legacy kernel.

Is there somebody who can help with this problem?

Thanks in advance.

18 hours ago, somethingKiwi said:

Is there somebody who can help with this problem?

Try our older u-boot packages and/or contact mainline u-boot maintainer. I notice some u-boot regressions on other A20 board: Lime2 but it behaves different - reboot stuck board at u-boot, while power cycle works.

http://apt.armbian.com/pool/main/l/linux-u-boot-bananapi-next/

Thank you Igor for the response.

While i tried the u-boot versions Igor suggested, none of them worked.

When i use bananian the board will shutdown the way i expect.
Is there somehow a way to give the u-boot version of bananian from around half 2016 a try, with armbian?

7 hours ago, somethingKiwi said:

While i tried the u-boot versions Igor suggested, none of them worked.

The last u-boot from the download is 100% working, while one version back is broken. Older are also more or less ok, but we didn't check shutdown with an attached battery.

2 hours ago, somethingKiwi said:

Any other idea's?

Look from another perspective. We all wanted that latest stable u-boot function properly - it's our common goal.

If also dev build does not work, proceeding with contacting responsible person / u-boot maintainer, might be the best next step. Perhaps he is not aware of this problem or it's already on his to do list waiting for free time to fix. Everything else is just a temporal workaround.

While i was trying to figure out this problem, i turned the modules i thought were not needed off, one by one.

When i turned off the cpufreq_dt module the device shutdown properly.

I do not exactly know what this module does, and if it has critical features for armbian?

My plan now was to shutdown the module first before the device shuts down, but maybe somebody knows a different solution?