BPI-R2 Board Bring-up

moore

1 hour ago, malvcr said:

/sys/devices/virtual/thermal/thermal_zone0: cpu_thermal 0

Yes, that's then the only available node also labeled correctly but obviously returning a bogus value (0°C). So it needs a kernel fix and can't be fixed in my script :(

Wrt your special OpenSSL version... if your binary is at a special location simply adjust the PATH variable. If it's at /usr/local/foo/bar/ then please try

export PATH=/usr/local/foo/bar/:$PATH
sbc-bench.sh

Curious about the numbers. You reported already some last year but back then numbers were way lower especially with small data chunks.

46 minutes ago, tkaiser said:
1 hour ago, malvcr said:

/sys/devices/virtual/thermal/thermal_zone0: cpu_thermal 0

Yes, that's then the only available node also labeled correctly but obviously returning a bogus value (0°C). So it needs a kernel fix and can't be fixed in my script :(

@malvcr I think you need this stuff activated:

https://github.com/chwe17/build/blob/a6a7064462e1834663e5b3a8273a6e01ecffafcd/config/kernel/linux-mt7623-next.config#L2600-L2619

thermals (armbian default) worked back then with a 4.17 kernel. There's a lot of stuff to do in this kernelkonfig, but at least thermals shouldn't be a problem. I might clean up it partly in case you're interested in doing some debugging and testing. 

6 hours ago, chwe said:

thermals (armbian default) worked back then

But please keep this stuff where it belongs to (in some of the R2 threads existing here and there). This thread is referenced from sbc-bench's README.md and already dead due to TL;DR. Can you please split everything including my post #5 above to an R2 thread (wrong thermal readouts here are not a sbc-bench problem but one of the platform or vendor software offerings)?

Hello,

Add latest U-boot support for MT7623 SoC

I’ve already sent the first round patches for MT7623n,  and the most of the drivers are based on mainline Linux, like clock, timer, mmc, pinctrl, watchdog, power domain and DTS.

The following are the major differences between Linux and U-boot:

-modify the driver interface to adapt the U-boot DM framework.

-remove unneeded DT nodes as they don’t have proper drivers in U-boot yet.

-just add the basic functions (step-by-step) so that we can monitor the size.

-reuse ns16550.c but add a highspeed register for MediaTek UARTs.

The current progress:

-Boot from eMMC or SD card.

-ROM -> MediaTek preloder -> U-boot -> Linux

TODO:

-Ethernet

The patch sets:

-https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/uboot/list/?series=68601

How to build:

-make mt7623n_bpir2_defconfig; make

Ryder