pine64-mainline- won't boot after upgrade

linda

Hello,

today I made an upgrade of my pine64-mainline and failed miserably - my new armbian image won't boot any more.

So I did some more tests with a new more different sd-cards, power supply and the mailine kernel form the download site (https://dl.armbian.com/pine64/Ubuntu_xenial_dev_nightly.7z): Again, the same behaviour, the image doesn't bott any more after "apt update" and "apt upgrade".

Please, could someone help me with this problem?

I hope these lockup logs help in troubleshooting. Thanks a lot!

boot-fail-2017-09-06-A.log

boot-fail-2017-09-06-B.log

Sorry--I didn't see this before I posted.  I believe there is a bad definition somewhere of ftdfile (see my post on this same subject

see this line File not found /boot/dtb/allwinner/allwinner/sun50i-a64-pine64-plus.dtb *  with duplicate of Allwinner?  look at the load line from the boot.cmd.

I could not find where ftdfile was defined     I got the system to boot by copying the allwinner directory into itself--  that way  load will find the files  (and overlays if they are being used)

OK--I found a post in another thread from zador.blood.stained.  which explains that  the ftdname will now have allwinner/prepended to it ..

So  probably the best fix is to edit the boot.cmd file to remove the 

allwinner/ 

from the load command, and then recompile boot.cmd.    This works for me.  It seems that boot.cmd hasn't been getting updated since that change was made.

Thanks a lot for your answers and especially for the suggestion to change the boot.cmd.

As proposed, I changed two lines concerning the fdtname in the the boot.cmd:

"load ${devtype} 0 ${fdt_addr_r} ${prefix}dtb/${fdtfile}"

but leave these line concerning the overlay-setting unchanged

"if load ${devtype} 0 ${load_addr} ${prefix}dtb/allwinner/overlay/${overlay_prefix}-${overlay_file}.dtbo; then"

"if load ${devtype} 0 ${load_addr} ${prefix}dtb/allwinner/overlay/${overlay_prefix}-fixup.scr; then"

and recompile boot.cmd.

This works for me, also with the allwinner overlay dtbo-file.

So, to avoid boot fail after upgrading to latest kernel, we should modify this line in boot.cmd:

load ${devtype} 0 ${fdt_addr_r} ${prefix}dtb/allwinner/${fdtfile}

to

load ${devtype} 0 ${fdt_addr_r} ${prefix}dtb/${fdtfile}

Because apparently the dtb package stores in /boot/dtb/allwinner and my boot.cmd already points to it