Build user Patch

Schuppeste

Hi,

i try to build my own UserPatch for orangepizero. Sometimes i use my own Workaround with Editing Build-Files (old Builder).

Please explain me replacing "patch/kernel/sun8i-default/02-0011-fbtft_for_older.patch" with FB-TFT Original Sources. (More Devices) 

Thanks

1 hour ago, Schuppeste said:

Please explain me replacing "patch/kernel/sun8i-default/02-0011-fbtft_for_older.patch" with FB-TFT Original Sources. (More Devices) 

It might not be that simple. IIRC old kernel (<3.15) is supported to certain development point and from there on it's not supported anymore. Most likely unrelated to new devices, but to driver structure. Check with fb-tft docs / author: https://github.com/notro/fbtft

Okay, in my last kernel Workaround i have updated ili9486 Patch/kernel-source lines for 9481 but deleted my old files with new compile.sh update.

Now i try make it easier through userpatch for next Build Tool changes.

EDIT:

i should use "diff git" now.

FBTFT Sources was updated to Support "Device Tree Manager" in Kernel 3.5,  "02-0011-fbtft_for_older.patch" patched to old Version 3.4 without Devm. (Without new Boards).

Its easy to update new Devices by own need, only 1 Line just changed in Device Drivers Files.

Edited by Schuppeste
Solved