How does kodi perform on the orange pi zero ?

hillz

Before I buy an AV cable for my orange pi zero I'd like to know how kodi performs on this board. I have this board and I'm thinking of running kodi if it's good enough to run it.  If you've run kodi on the orange pi zero please let me know your thoughts about it.

Wrong board for what you want to achieve. The more if you choose 256Mb variant. The only Kodi that runs well on these boards, is OpenElec build by jernej, witch is not developed anymore. But your board and chipset is not supported anyway.

Kodi will not perform well in any Linux images, including Armbian, due to missing h/w video decoding support. And for your board, i think there are only server images of Armbian. You can try to build your own Desktop image and if it's possible to install Mali driver and libvdpau-sunxi on H2 (i have no idea if chipset is supported), you may be able to use other players with vdpau h/w acceleration, like mpv and SMPlayer (as mpv GUI). But if you don't have 512Mb version of the board, this will not perform well for higher resolutions and bitrates.