ODROID C2 - legacy only or not?

hissingshark

Hi,

I'm currently considering an ODROID C2 to replace an Rpi3 as a combined headless tvheadend and mysql server, with GPIO control of a relay for a fan.

It's upgrading to Gigabit LAN that I'm after, to avoid the occasional bottleneck to my NAS.

Legacy sounds like it's working well enough on the C2, but the USB T2 tuners I'm using are only supported in kernel 3.19 or above...

The C2 page suggests only legacy is available, but the package repository page suggests otherwise:

• linux-image-odroidc2   3.14.79   Amlogic S905 Hardkernel Odroid C2
  • linux-image-next-odroidc2   4.13.3   Amlogic S905 (meson64) Hardkernel Odroid C2

What, if anything, has been broken in the mainline release?

Anybody had any experience of it here?

Many Thanks,

1 minute ago, hissingshark said:

The C2 page suggests only legacy is available, but the package repository page suggests otherwise:

Package repository has been updated to actual state while download page hasn't received an update yet. NEXT kernel is considered experimental but things progressing nicely. We plan to put out next image at our regular update. In the meantime, we provide testing nightly images with NEXT kernel 4.13.x ... accessible under "Other download options and archive".