Orange pi zero random hangs

Atgeek

7 minutes ago, tkaiser said:

In the meantime I'm thinking about modifying firstrun script in the following way: Check SD card info and when metadata is questionable, capacity below 8 GB or random IO 16K write IOPS below 25 immediately enter 'self destruction' mode, preventing Armbian from being installed. If SD card has passed the check then enter 120 seconds cpuburn stage to crash the installation on systems with insufficient power supplies. But that's obviously just me, nothing will change and leaving the forum is the better alternative :) 

Ahahaha that could be definitely a good start to deal with those common issues :D

13 hours ago, chwe said:

[...] During the dogafu experiment, I had this kind of stuff in mind to let my pi crashing... Just for some testings I let it run on a appropriate setting (good SD-Card & PSU), [...]

Setup: Armbian legacy 3.4.113 Ubuntu, Samsung Evo+ 32GB,  2A 5V PSU (microUSB), network over ETH, no case but also no cooler on SoC [...]

My setup: Zero (512MB/v1.4), 3A/5V PSU, mSD Kingston 8GB/class10/U1, Toshiba 32GB USB 2.0 stick, Armbian legacy user-build (Xenial 16.04) and Armbian Legacy (Debian 8.9).
PSU work fine (checked with a Fluke digital multimeter), it worked fine for months on a Raspberry setup. Both mSD and USB stick are ok (EXT4 fs, no journaling on stick). 14 mm heatsink on H2+ and standard case (temperature is ok... about 67 °C, the measure is lower with a Fluke IR or probe).
No problems with xenial user-built or jessie 8.9 (>7 day uptime). Hangs only with downloadable xenial. But maybe a pihole problem (fixed in a past release? Maybe in FTL engine?).

Next step is to replace the underpowered Zero (max 5 fps with motioneye at 1280x720) with a Tinker Board/TinkerOS (realtime with motioneye at 25fps with vpu enabled at 1080p).

P.S. WiFi module is always disabled. Xenial user-build: with desktop (~210MB RAM w/ services), Debian 8.9: server (~130MB RAM w/ services). Runs 24/7 at full speed, 1.2GHz x 4 cores (load min: ~120%, load max: 400%).