Orange Pi Prime First Flash & Reboot Error

by_fth

AFAIK those images are serial console/SSH only. I am not sure if we already have a HDMI out at latest builds since there were a lot of changes lately ...

Nightly images are auto made - for testing. They work or not.

If you can provide serial console log, we might figure out what is wrong ...

I'm nowadays using this systems. I dont have any experience to much about that. I try to learn it.

We have a software, running on orange pi plus 2e but production stopped.

We have to research new models.

prime choice reason, absolutely pin alignment and looks like similarly but images are so distressed.

For example, autologin its not actualize ubuntu resource , chrome-opera browsers are not installin debian resource 

its complicated

Thanks for your answers..

1 hour ago, by_fth said:

prime choice reason, absolutely pin alignment and looks like similarly but images are so distressed.

For example, autologin its not actualize ubuntu resource , chrome-opera browsers are not installin debian resource 

its complicated

Low-level support, drivers for this particular board are under development. Because of that we don't and can't provide any support. If you want to speed the process up, you are welcome to invest into the project and we will hire some people. We already work (more) as much as we can.

The final product, the outcome is a stable Debian or Ubuntu based system, with utilities for easy board handling, optimisations and a simple desktop. Desktop (Ubuntu base is currently recommended) has optimized Chromium and some boards have also the possibility to show accelerated video within the stock video player. We also provide build tools, documentation and support. Free of charge. Try to use SDK from board maker :)

Whatever you want to do on top of this is your choice and your cost. 

According to my information, production of Orange Pi 2e is only delayed and not abandoned.

On 23.09.2017 at 4:52 PM, Igor said:

Low-level support, drivers for this particular board are under development. Because of that we don't and can't provide any support. If you want to speed the process up, you are welcome to invest into the project and we will hire some people. We already work (more) as much as we can.

The final product, the outcome is a stable Debian or Ubuntu based system, with utilities for easy board handling, optimisations and a simple desktop. Desktop (Ubuntu base is currently recommended) has optimized Chromium and some boards have also the possibility to show accelerated video within the stock video player. We also provide build tools, documentation and support. Free of charge. Try to use SDK from board maker :)

Whatever you want to do on top of this is your choice and your cost. 

According to my information, production of Orange Pi 2e is only delayed and not abandoned.

Thanks for your answers i'm solve auto login problem by nodm package :)

anyway i have a another problem, about the pin read. orange pi +2e device pins readable orange pi gpio PYh3 or wiring pi but prime pins not readable.

How can i read prime pins ?

How can i execute gpio command on prime ?

3 minutes ago, by_fth said:

anyway i have a another problem, about the pin read. orange pi +2e device pins readable orange pi gpio PYh3 but prime pins not readable.

I have many problems. It's a trade.

Once again. There is no end users support for boards that are still in development process.

16 minutes ago, by_fth said:

anyway i have a another problem, about the pin read. orange pi +2e device pins readable orange pi gpio PYh3 or wiring pi but prime pins not readable.

When you say "not readable", what do you means ? What things did you tried ?

You can use /sys/class/gpio or you can install RPi.GPIO-PineA64 and tweak it for matching the header since it is not the same as Pine64.

1 minute ago, martinayotte said:

When you say "not readable", what do you means ? What things did you tried ?

You can use /sys/class/gpio or you can install RPi.GPIO-PineA64 and tweak it for matching the header since it is not the same as Pine64.

I'm try to wiring pi and orange pi pyh3 ( so pin alignment) but its not read the pins. 

thanks for reply martinayotte

igor why there is that forum ? Is it trade or development support ?

How is this related to development? You just want to solve your problem and move on. Yes it is support case. We (3rd time) dont provide it yet since we are to busy working to limit down support questions as much as possible, we cant support somethinf that changes every day ... before we provide stable builds. How to explain this to you without sound arrogant? Time is extremly scarce, there are way to many users with their own problems than people who are able to provide answer. Its always a trade. You follow rules. We help. You ignore rules. We kick your as :) You help. We help. And so on ...

Wrote on mobile

15 minutes ago, martinayotte said:

Which one ? Can you provide link ?

What do you means by "pin alignment" ?

Different pinout ? That I means by "tweaking" ...

we develop a software by using orange pi plus 2e but product stopped.

we cant find product so research to new product.

orange pi plus 2e & orange pi prime are have to same pin alignment but processors different.

(same pin alignment choice reason our electronic card design)

our software working on prime but pins are not readable yet.

if i read pins, i'm finished 

http://www.orangepi.org/OrangePiPrime/

http://www.orangepi.org/orangepiplus2e/

21 minutes ago, by_fth said:

orange pi plus 2e but product stopped

Not true ! It simply they out-of-stock and some parts in backorder. Manufacturing will resume within few weeks or months.

When I ask for links, I didn't mean orangepi link which I know well since years, but link to the libraries you've tried without success ... :P

1 hour ago, martinayotte said:

Not true ! It simply they out-of-stock and some parts in backorder. Manufacturing will resume within few weeks or months.

When I ask for links, I didn't mean orangepi link which I know well since years, but link to the libraries you've tried without success ... :P

https://github.com/tumugin/WiringOP its not installed with -b h5 parameter so i'm copied from h3 vers but its not run,

another one https://github.com/duxingkei33/orangepi_PC_gpio_pyH3 

The one from "duxingkei33" should run, but needs tweaks for pin mapping and also need to fix few occurrences of SUNXI_PIO_BASE pointer in gpio_lib.h/gpio_lib.c as "unsigned long" instead of "unsigned int" since A64 is 64 bits.

I've done it myself on OPiPC2 without any issues.

On 27.09.2017 at 3:56 PM, martinayotte said:

The segfault is related to what I've said :

I'm gratefull to you for support.  I have to installing WiringOP for gpio after I'm changing  pyh3 lib files and install.

I have a lot of warning when WiringOp installing. gpio running but i dont see sys/class/gpio, i have a gpio_sw directory

i have last question :)

I don't catch some pins. 

for example  

if gpio.input(port.PG8) == False:
      print("C")

it's code run on orange pi pc 2e but not working on orange pi prime 

what should i do ?

• Igor locked this topic