OPi Plus 2 UART not working

Andro

No matter what I do, when I use an Armbian image built with compile.sh I get a blank orange screen on the OPi Plus 2. The downloadable pre-built image from Armbian for the board works fine. Wanting to debug this, I have an Adafruit UART serial cable adapter, known functioning and working. If I attach this to the UART pins on the small header near the power socket I get no output (and I have swapped RX and TX to no avail).

How does one enable this UART? Am I using a wrong approach? I have

console=both

in armbianEnv.txt.

Builduing any Armbian image, headless or desktop,  for any of the Orange Pi series results in a blank orange screen on boot and no futher action. The UART outputs nothing. However, the downloadable prebuilt Armbian image does work.

As to the UART problem, I am beginning to suspect a board hardware problem. As to the non-booting issue, I have no idea. I did observe that I could find the IP address and ssh into the machine despite this lack of display output. Are there logs I could find to help diagnose this issue?

2 hours ago, Andro said:

As to the UART problem, I am beginning to suspect a board hardware problem. As to the non-booting issue, I have no idea.

Board configurations, u-boot configs can be sometimes broken upstream for a single board. This can lead to boot failure - has to be investigated.