Enable video out on mainline kernel?

Larry Bank

I've been trying for the last 2 days to get composite video out on the mainline (4.11 and 4.13) kernels on the Orange Pi Zero. I've followed the old guide and the new and nothing works. On the 3.4 kernel, video out worked fine. Can someone please point me to a working set of instructions for accomplishing this?

32 minutes ago, Larry Bank said:

permanently disabled on mainline kernels from now on

Since BSP drivers are mostly unusable for mainline besides informational nature, somebody needs to be interested enough to do that, so I wouldn't phrase sentence in that way ("from now on"). I definetly wouldn't use word "permanently".

Those patches definetly work(ed) (when they were sent), if you are interested enough, find them, apply them and test them. Some minor adjustment may be needed since some code may be changed from that time, I don't know.

1 minute ago, km1kze said:

Had you got any issues with overscan on 3.4 kernel like image cut on the borders-black stripes?

All composite video out on all ARM boards I've tested always has cut off edges. Maybe it's my monitor, but I hear this from others, so I assume it's a universal problem.