How to enable HDMI on OPi Zero 2+ H5?

IvanTyurin

Hello!

Today installed a test build armbian in my OPi Zero2+ H5.

And I can't figure out how to enable HDMI.

Connect UART and everything works fine and configured.

But when connected to HDMI, nothing happens.

The display blinks a couple of times on and off.

How can I solve this problem?

28 minutes ago, IvanTyurin said:

How can I solve this problem?

Hardly. I can only point you here: https://github.com/armbian/build/tree/master/patch/kernel/sunxi-next where you can scrap this info from 100 patches and get a picture how messy is at the moment. If you find a problem ... if you have no idea what I am talking about, wait.

Hi there, was this issue ever resolved? I am experiencing the same problem - when booting from the default eMMC I get some chinese version of android (useless, but confirms that HDMI actually works), but when booting from an SD card I can see that everything works via TTL but no HDMI. I tried all of the images available from Orange Pi website as well but none of them gives HDMI output. 

Bad SD card and underpower are ruled out because TTL monitoring confirms Armbian booting up and HDMI hardware works because the useless Android works, so it is something to do with Armbian itself.

The current images of Armbian with kernels above 4.17 from this site work fine with a desktop over HDMI.

The orangepi site is typically outdated or has bad links to poorly built images. 

HDMI at 4k is flickery and not useable, but it works well at 1080p.