Not Armbian related (Atom) but worth a look

squarefoot

32 minutes ago, squarefoot said:

Overpriced but absolutely gorgeous.

And one of that products you can only sell online since everyone trying it out in real life wants to throw it out of the window or back at the manufacturer asking for a refund :)

https://www.cnx-software.com/2017/02/15/gpd-pocket-cherry-trail-7-portable-computer-runs-ubuntu-16-04-or-windows-10-crowdfunding/

I had an HP Jornada 720 and an NEC MobilePro 900c.  They were cute, but really the only use was word processing, email and excel sheets for lab work.  I will say hands down having a keyboard is 100000000000000000000000000000x better than not, so no, I would not buy another tablet at any price, I already have an e-reader.  ;-)

[edit]  the NEC supported some USB devices like mass storage.  Came in quite handy.

I love small ultrabooks with some power but lots of ram (minimum 8Gb).

I currently use an old Sony Vaio Duo 11, but by error I got only 4Gb version.

What I'm looking for now is for a fanless 8Gb ram 12" ultrabook (with ssd, of course).

There're only few interesting models nowadays...

Enviado desde mi Jolla mediante Tapatalk

On 10/16/2017 at 2:43 PM, squarefoot said:

Overpriced but absolutely gorgeous.

GPD Pocket Mini Laptop

I would love an ARM mini netbook with the same form factor (no trackpad)

although only a 40-50% price cut could make it interesting to my pockets.

It's a bit bigger than the GPD, but my favorite ARM notebook so far is the Asus Chromebook Flip. It's a RockChip RK3288 w/4GB RAM and 16 or 32GB fast eMMC. I run Debian Linux on it (with Crouton) and it's a great little machine. It gets about 10 hours of working time and runs about 5x faster than a Raspberry Pi 3B.