Kernel Headers 4.9.51-odroidxu4

nattyg

I wonder if anyone can help.  I have downloaded the latest build for my odroid-xu4 and have the kernel version 4.9.51-odroidxu4.  The trouble is I cannot find any where the kernel headers for this particular version.

The kernel headers that come with the dist is 4.9.31-odroidxu4 and when I do apt-get kernel-headers-$(uname -r) or apt-get kernel-headers-next I get version 5.0.33 and I cannot seem to download the version that I need to compile drivers.

Anyone know where the version 4.9.51-odroidxu4 linux headers are?

Thanks

Thanks.

That location is showing the headers as version 5.34.171020.  

I am guessing that when I download these I should install the linux-image next and boot to that kernel instead (if that is the kernel?)

Hi,

Thank you for this.  I have managed to compile the driver and that worked and said installed.  But the driver is loading.  I have run lshw and the device is showing up as UNCLAIMED.

*-usb:1 UNCLAIMED

description: Generic USB device

product: 802.11ac WLAN Adapter

vendor: Realtek

capabilities: usb-2.10

configuration: maxpower=500mA speed=480Mbit/s

This tells me absolutely nothing. 

armbianmonitor -u is what you need to type before anything else and ... 3rd party drivers/hardware is not our problem.

nat@adroidxu4:/lib/modules/4.9.57-odroid/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/rtl8812au

I tried to download drivers from your site to detect this but none seemed to work.  Just wondering if this is a realtek issue and I should look at other makes.

Drivers for 8812au are a part of this kernel and they work. At least with the one, I have around or official from Hardkernel. They actually provided and fixed this driver. Download the latest stable image and it must work out of the box. No need to install anything. Just make sure your PSU is powerful enough and/or use an external powered USB3 hub.