Getting LibreElec to work with my RK3288 tablet

A-P

Hi,

I have recently bought a 17 inch rk3288 android tablet. It has 2gb of ram and 16gb of nand running android 5.

The reason I bought this was to get libreelec OS and kodi run on it.

I found a rom for ugoos 3288 running libreelec and flashed to the tablet (Link). Everything works except tablet’s screen (and probably touch screen) and wifi. But I could get display from hdmi output and see everything runs good.

I asked the seller to send me the android’s image file and now I also have android full firmware for this tablet.

My question is, how can I make everything work in Libreelec by using/extracting required files from android image and add them to libreelec image ?

Please help me as this project is so important to me. I have enough experience with h3 boards but I’m completely noob in this new board :huh:

Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, A-P said:

My question is, how can I make everything work in Libreelec by using/extracting required files from android image and add them to libreelec image ?

That probably won't work, unless both kernels were built from exactly the same kernel source. Additionally, drivers in LE reside in read only part of filesystem. So you have to have LE sources and put those drivers there. But since you have to build whole image, it makes much more sense to add those drivers as a source in build system and build them.

BTW, part of LibreELEC team (me and omegamoon (builder of ugoos images) included) works on official LE support for Allwinner, Rockchip and Amlogic devices. RK3288 is included in that effort, so if you can wait a bit, you will get official LE image. You can ask at LE forum in Rockchip subforum what can be done. Please specify details, for example exact tablet model, which wifi driver you need, etc. If problems are minor, like enabling already present wifi driver, they will probably be resolved quickly, but of course I can't guarantee that.