How to configure script.bin/custom.fex for SPI LCD?

rezaee

I have nanopi-m1 and use Armbian-5.30(Ubuntu server 16.04/ Linux nanopim1 3.4.113-sun8i). I did make these to .conf files :

Add to file /etc/modules-load.d/fbtft.conf

spi-bcm2835

fbtft_device

and

Add to file /etc/modprobe.d/fbtft.conf

options fbtft_device custom name=fb_ili9341 gpios=reset:1,dc:201,led:6 speed=16000000 rotate=90 bgr=1

Then I tried to make another file by this content:

Add to file: /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/99-fbdev.conf

Section "Device" Identifier "myfb" Driver "fbdev" Option "fbdev" "/dev/fb1" EndSection

But, After reboot, I think only this command will execute automatically:

sudo modprobe fbtft_device custom name=fb_ili9341 gpios=reset:1,dc:201,led:6 speed=16000000 rotate=90 bgr=1

Because my LCD turns on and has blank screen(like when I run that command manually), but I should execute

startx

command to have my xwindow (a gray screen with a black mouse and right-click ability).

But I like this done automatically(like HDMI monitor).

So I searched a lot for it and I think found the soulution here:  I did convert my "/boot.script.bin" to "custom.fex" file with this content:

GNU nano 2.5.3              File: custom.fex                                  

[product]
version = "100"
machine = "FriendlyARM NanoPi M1"

[platform]
debug_mode = 1
eraseflag = 1
next_work = 2

[target]
boot_clock = 1008
storage_type = -1

[key_detect_en]
keyen_flag = 0

[fel_key]
fel_key_max = 7
fel_key_min = 2

And I think I must add something like this for my LCD:

script.bin/fex file

The settings in the [disp_init] section of the script.bin/fex file define the display output enabled at boot.

An example configuration for HDMI:

[disp_init]
disp_init_enable = 1
disp_mode = 0
screen0_output_type = 3
screen0_output_mode = 4
fb0_framebuffer_num = 2
fb0_format = 10
fb0_pixel_sequence = 0
fb0_scaler_mode_enable = 0

disp_mode selects single-screen output or different dual screen modes. Generally this is 0, which means use screen0 with fb0 (one screen).
    screen0_output_type = 3 means HDMI output.
    screen0_output_mode selects the video/monitor mode to use (resolution and refresh rate). See the table in the Fex guide.
    fb0_framebuffer_num selects the number of buffers for fb0, generally you need 2 or more for video acceleration or Mali (3D), 3 is better.
    fb0_format and fb0_pixel_sequence determine the pixel format in the framebuffer. The above example (values of 10 and 0) selects the most common variant of 32bpp truecolor (ARGB).
    fb0_scaler_mode_enable selects whether the scaler should be enabled. Enabling it does not really scale pixels, it configures the scaler to scale pixels 1-to-1 which can fix screen refresh-related problems at 1080p resolution. See the section below.

Similar parameter are defined for screen1 (which is usually disabled in practice).

But, as I know my LCD uses " fb8 " , I dont know how should I change this code?

And can this code solve my problem and gives me my LCD running automatically at startup or I must compile my kernel for this purpose?

42 minutes ago, martinayotte said:

Did you configured the SPI itself in FEX using FEX Guide ?

http://linux-sunxi.org/Fex_Guide#spi_configuration

No, I didn't do it, but I did create two .conf files as I said above and after boot my display turns on and I think it means SPI works.

BTW, I am very thankful for your participation in my topic.

I tried to add "startx" to my "etc/rc.local" and it worked and saved 200EUR for me :)

But I have two questions if you can help me:

1- what is difference between changing "script.bin" or "rc.local" ? Is first one faster?

2- If I want to write a C++ program, and want it runs just after boot (kiosk linux), should I put my program inside "rc.local"?  How?

25 minutes ago, rezaee said:

I tried to add "startx" to my "etc/rc.local" and it worked and saved 200EUR for me

You don't understand, do you? Forwarding not answered topics to my/our private communication addresses is recognized as abuse. Perhaps a ban would be better? We/I do answer if possible, but you are (nobody is) not in a position to add pressure on support or demand help.

SPI based display video drivers are not our work - better seek help in general forum or ask driver author.

2 minutes ago, Igor said:

You don't understand, do you? Forwarding not answered topics to my/our private communication addresses is recognized as abuse. We/I do answer if possible, but you are not in a position to add pressure on support or demand help.

SPI based display video drivers are not our work - better seek help in general forum or ask driver author.

Calm down Igor! That was just kidding!
I appreciate your works and can understand you, and for that reason tried other site and found the solution!

Be happy!