Loop stuck

Gerard Forcada

I have had a chinese sd card and armbian never booted on it(loop stuck).

Now i have a Toshiba sd card, it booted.... once. Reflashed the sd card exactly as the 1st time,boot loop... no way.

I would love to use armbian, but it seems really hard to get it work, any ideas?

USED:

Ubuntu 16 to flash 8gb toshiba sd card class 4

Model: Orange Pi lite

Image: Armbian_5.30_Orangepilite_Ubuntu_xenial_default_3.4.113.img

11 hours ago, tkaiser said:

No way, too slow, bootloader times out. Check this link and start to buy something reliable and fast enough: https://docs.armbian.com/User-Guide_Getting-Started/#how-to-prepare-a-sd-card

Leaving armbian for good, it's too incompatible. None of 2 sd cards boot.

But there are others that will. I will use a better distribution able to boot.

Tnks.

1 minute ago, garfius said:

Leaving armbian for good, it's too incompatible. None of 2 sd cards boot.

That's great! We had a patch in the repo last year allowing users to use such very slow SD cards but we removed it by intention. Life is too short to deal with ignorants flooding the forum with weird questions that are all only related to them wanting to run their boards off of crappy SD cards.

Better choose another distro if you're willing to ignore low-level hardware problems! Good luck!

As soon as you can afford buying an SD card that does not suck you can give it a try again.

2 hours ago, tkaiser said:

That's great! We had a patch in the repo last year allowing users to use such very slow SD cards but we removed it by intention. Life is too short to deal with ignorants flooding the forum with weird questions that are all only related to them wanting to run their boards off of crappy SD cards.

Better choose another distro if you're willing to ignore low-level hardware problems! Good luck!

As soon as you can afford buying an SD card that does not suck you can give it a try again.

The ONLY thing a distro is supposed to provide is BOOT, the distro must the one to deal with low-level problems. If the low-level problems are not solved this is s DISTRO-DEVELOPER-ONLY distro.

You will never be any popular if you do not provide a sure boot, most people does not have time to deal with such incomplete software.

Also you are disrespectful. Le'ts play: your software is unusable crap and your glasses are moron-like close your mouth some d*** may come in.

33 minutes ago, garfius said:

You will never be any popular

That's important to know. In fact we try to not be any popular just to avoid dealing with people rejecting reality and showing a bizarre attitude :)

And now let's stop, you've been asked helping us diagnosing a rare issue, you refused to, now go choose another distro and be happy with whatever you will do.

BTW: the only reason I answered is since the threads here in this subforum can help other users stop rejecting reality and to realize that low-level hardware issues (using ultra slow SD cards -- we block booting from such crap by intention and it's not that hard to understand why) can't be solved one layer above. Life's just too short to deal with this.

• Igor locked this topic