CLUSTER

jeyjey

Hi, I am new of this kind of computing. I pointed my attention on Orange PI boards, because their cheapness. I just made a donation because I prefere this distro instead of the Orange Pi factory. I tested both and I prefere a lot this. This website is well readeable instead of other. I think that I will do other donations because I believe in this project. I am here because I am trying to create a cluster in superlow power consumption. I would like to create it with one Orange Pi Pc 2 and some Zero boards. I will search for informations and libraryes to build and configure the cluster. Please if anyone want to share his information is wellcome here in my posts thread.

I would use clusters for server purpouses. I am purgeing all software uneeded as thunderbird and libre office from this installed Armbian on a Orange Pi Pc 2 H5. I am searching for libraries and software for clusterization and add Orange PI Zero nodes! Orange Pi Zero is a little, very little CPU solo support. So Orange Pi Pc2 is the head of the node and Zeros will be the added CPU. As configuration is the best for me, but I need the software. Naguissa are you interested in clusters? Thanks.

I would use clusters for server purpouses. I am purgeing all software uneeded as thunderbird and libre office from this installed Armbian on a Orange Pi Pc 2 H5. I am searching for libraries and software for clusterization and add Orange PI Zero nodes! Orange Pi Zero is a little, very little CPU solo support. So Orange Pi Pc2 is the head of the node and Zeros will be the added CPU. As configuration is the best for me, but I need the software. Naguissa are you interested in clusters? Thanks.

Personally yea, but no project for.doing one.

A cluster adds overhead, and if your power needs are not so much you could do a.simple web server using spare servers:

One nginx to route requeats among web processing nodes.
One or more web proceasing nodes (i.e., php-fpm)
One or replicated db nodes.

Still, for real load you will need a real server....

Enviado desde mi Jolla mediante Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply. I am interested in multicore 64-bit boards to build up a cluster. The configuration of the Armbian on OrangePi PC2 was well ended. Now I ordered a Nano Pi Fire3. It costs $35 and it is Octacore. I use Linuxmint 18 to work and it connects with the OrangePi Pc2 by the Remmina remote Desktop. The little OrangePi seems to be stable! Now it is Mining Monero with 4 core since four days without stopping. I am starting to studiing the way to create a CLUSTER with a lot of Octacore Nano Pi Fire3. The CLuster will be implemented with: Message Passing Interface (MPI) (http://www.mpich.org/). The goal is not a multi Armbian working nodes, but a single computer. Please how ask to the Armbian developers to plan a Nano Pi Fire3 Armbian TF disk image? It is a very cheap Octacore, why it is not in the list? I can Donate as I did.

I will post here my progresses. Thanks to all!

2 hours ago, jeyjey said:

It is a very cheap Octacore, why it is not in the list?

Wish to add s5p6818 to the Armbian exists and we did some small progress on this. There is one image for Nanopi M3 and a kernel 4.4.y showed up (untested) recently for those chips ... beside stock 3.4.y which is too old to deal with and officially EOL. 

3 hours ago, jeyjey said:

I can Donate as I did.

More people on the project helps more than cash here and there. Our group is small and a lot of work is expected to get this chip/those boards on a decent level. If there will be just a few people dealing with s5p6818, progress will remain slow.