uninstall from distro

jeyjey

I appily donated and started to study this distro. I am learning what it is and what it could do for me as micro server. Especially am uninstalling and purging software. For example there is Thunderbird into my orange Pi Armbian. I need to purge it. I need to purge Libre office. If I give: sudo apt-get remove (or purge) thunderbird, the terminal says that the app doesn't exists. Please can I uninstall software via other ways? Thanks.

1 minute ago, jeyjey said:

I need to purge it

There's no need to purge anything since more software installed does NOT make anything slower except package updates for obvious reasons. If you look at the download location there are two experimental images: https://dl.armbian.com/orangepipc2/ -- instead of choosing the desktop one and fiddling around with 'apt purge' why not using the server variant in the first place?

52 minutes ago, jeyjey said:

If I give: sudo apt-get remove (or purge) thunderbird, the terminal says that the app doesn't exists.

You need to specify exact package names for apt/apt-get. You can output installed packages with their statuses and package names "dpkg -l". Even though "thunderbird" should be the correct name for this package, other ones, i.e. libreoffice components, will have specific names.

Also you can use "aptitide" which has a text-based UI for package management.