OPI Zero Plus 2 H3/H5, how to use micro usb with external power supply?

vitaly

I need 3 USB ports (webcam, wifi 5G, 3d printer). On Zero Plus 2 H3/H5 micro usb port  is occupied by usb charger, because none of my devices can play as power source. So, only 2 usb ports left, not enougth. Is it possible to make micro usb useable somehow? For example, via custom usb cable etc.

I need micro-usb male / micro usb male cable (OPI <-> 3d printer board) + supply power somehow.

PS. i don't like to add  external usb hub.

21 hours ago, zador.blood.stained said:

It should be possible to enable the host mode on both kernels using a proper cable and an external powered USB hub or a custom USB cable.

Can i find somewhere custom cable pinouts for dummies, with easy picture how to wire cable :) ?

13 hours ago, Blars said:

Why don't you supply power via the GPIO connector? 

A bit not convenient, if i wish to use existing USB expansion board & case. But that's not as bad as usb hub. Will be a plan B :)

So, i can just supply 5v power to GPIO pins and everything will work without problems, including micro usb? Or should i make some additional actions to make this work?

21 hours ago, vitaly said:

I need 3 USB ports (webcam, wifi 5G, 3d printer).

This whole setup sounds power hungry, IMO powering via micro USB isn't recommended anyway. Otherwise, you might be the next one for our (famous) https://forum.armbian.com/forum/31-sd-card-and-power-supply/ category. :P 

A quick and dirty solution. Buy something like this for using the microUSB. Buy orange pi's cheap expansion board for wiring out the other two USBs (and solder your PSU cable directly to 5V/GND). Two female USB connectors and a soldering iron will also work (if you do it on your own, you can solder a barrel plug on your 'expansion board' for an appropriate powering solution).

32 minutes ago, vitaly said:

So, i can just supply 5v power to GPIO pins and everything will work without problems, including micro usb?

from the schematics , I see no reason why it shouldn't work.... 

@chwe, i already ordered micro usb male (ans some other) connectors from here, and i also have DC-DC 9-30 -> 5v (to use 12v from 3d printer).

My question is how to properly connect usb pins & powers source. And should i do something else (in software) to make this work.