ODROID UART debug connector

TonyMac32

Unless my eyes are deceiving me, that appears to be a Molex Mini-SPOX 2.5mm connector,   I have seen some questions here and there about what that thing was, I'll order a couple connectors and verify (once I see if I have a usable crimper), since it would be nice to have a few more laying around.

Yes and FriendlyARM is using those for UART/powering. I was also looking for those, to create power cables. I am looking for such version - male connector and 30cm cable - but have no luck finding them:

Spoiler

s-l1600.jpg

Working in automotive I'm continuously trying to find harnesses and connectors, I'll look around, but usually something like that is a special order situation.  I'll see how I do building some.

Also, anyone searching may come across floppy drive power connectors.  These are Berg connectors, not mini-SPOX, no matter what Amazon may tell you.

8 hours ago, Igor said:

I was also looking for those, to create power cables.

:lol: I didn't catch that the first time.  That's actually what brought me across them, I'm building a power distribution panel for my router/server cabinet to get rid of some power adapters...  I was looking at the old-school HDD connectors and saw the mini version.

I got the connector housings and terminals in, and remembered immediately why I always try to buy this stuff assembled.  It's a lot easier when it's not my money I'm spending on things.  :rolleyes:

I made a simple wired harness nothing to really see there, the spec for these is 22 AWG, but I think if you've a steady hand with a solder pen you can go 20.  The contact with the pin is far better than USB as well, so these could most likely serve as power.

Now, I also like to make things simple when I can, so I did this:

IMG_20171209_224856.jpg.77c8504abf0edbe5f5b1f90d10d486e1.jpg

I am certain it is easier to do this on wires, But I couldn't resist.  I might look at a small PCB to make it FTDI Friend compatible.

Yes, I know that is a FriendlyARM board, but I realized I didn't have a 1.8V UART laying around...

IMG_20171209_225230.jpg.3d87efb21f99477de94a75730b5765b9.jpg