Old vendor kernel

libbkmz.dev

Hello. I'm the one who is the owner of Banana Pi M3... Vendor provides "not so good" OS images... And I want to use best available kernel with the best available linux distr.

So, my first question is about kernel version. Can armbian run under 3.4.39 kernel? https://github.com/BPI-SINOVOIP/BPI-M3-bsp

To make build reproducible I need to fork this repo and made modifications of the file tree.

As I know, Banana Pi M3 now can boot under mainline uboot.

Also, there are some binary blobs to support GPU on this board, and I want to try those packages to get hardware acceleration.

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, libbkmz.dev said:

Hello. I'm the one who is the owner of Banana Pi M3...

Congrats... :beer:

12 hours ago, libbkmz.dev said:

Vendor provides "not so good" OS images... And I want to use best available kernel with the best available linux distr.

And you think an outdated not patched kernel is the 'best kernel'? A nice house on a bad fundament is still a shitty house.

M3 images can be built with armbians build script (.csc = community supported configuration, means we do not  provide support) but mainline only and mainline effort on A83T SoC is.... visible here

Even if you change kernelsource on your buildscript and getting a bootable image with this outdated kernel, you'll be the 'lone survivor '. There's not much interest in this board with mainline kernel and I'm quite sure there's even less with the old bsp kernel. 

Glückauf! (is the traditional German miners' greeting. It describes the hope of the miners: may lodes [of ore] be opened )