BananaPi won't boot after (failed) apt-get upgrade

BananaGonzo

Hi there,

my BananaPi won't boot after a (maybe failed) apt-get update.

Is there anything i could try to make it work again?

While apt-get upgrade was running, I saw (iirc) in the log that the kernel directory (?) isn't empty (?). This message stayed there for quite a long time but the update process ended without any error messages.

Thank you.

Hi Igor and thank you for your reply. This solution didn't work for me; some of the files of this workaround are missing and the last hint to copy or to link the kernel failed because it says it is the same file already.

Is there any hope for me?

[E]: I put the Banana Pi on my tv via HDMI and in the boot process the screen turns black while it says "loading kernel" (or something like this).

[E]: The LEDs (normally red (solid) and green (flashing)) is since the boot failure only red (solid) and no green.

7 minutes ago, BananaGonzo said:

Is there any hope for me?

Everything is fixable but ... you have to decide what is best for you. For debugging you need a serial console and some experiences. This part we could try to solve if you are able to provide full logs ... but it might take more time than starting from scratch, preferably on a new SD card ... since they die sooner or later. Then copy your data from old sd card here.