PCDuino 3 Not Connecting to any network

Sparky

Hi ,

My son purchased a PCdunio v3, wifi enabled with his birthday money with the grand plan of "coding". This idea is slowly going down the drain.

It is using Ubuntu 3.4.79+

It does not detect any wifi or ethernet. I have confirmed that both interfaces are up.  I have tried with and without the SD card. I confirmed the router is not blocking the device. I can see that the State of wlan0 is unmanaged, but cant figure out how to fix that. I have tried manually creating entries for the network but this was unsuccessful. When it does try to connect to Wired Network, it simply got stuck looking for an IP address and never amounted to anything (Nothing in the router indicated that a device was trying to connect to it.)

I have limited Linux expriences, but I am comfortable with using the terminal. 

If you have any advice,  and something seems obvious, so you dont include it - think again, include it. Comfortable does not mean I know it all.

Thanks in advance for any help.

PS: I told him not to buy the damn thing but to sharpen his skills first with simple programming on windows until he has more skills. But Noooooooooo, no one ever listens to their parents. He is only 11. I want to encourage, but now I am the one having to program the damn thing. 

54 minutes ago, Sparky said:

But Noooooooooo, no one ever listens to their parents. He is only 11. I want to encourage, but now I am the one having to program the damn thing. 

Parents are never right... :P That's a fact. :lol:

But hey, your son is 11 and spends his money in learning something useful, instead of buying a Tamagotchi (I've no clue what's 'cool' for an 11 year old guy today... :D ). 

Is your son fluent in english? Cause then a nice 'learning experience' could be to set up the board properly with armbian by following the getting started guide. From there, connecting to the network is easily possible with nmtui.

If you don't find a useful python library for toggling GPIOs, we can try to add a mapping for this board in pyGPIO (this board isn't on my schedule, but I might make an exception).

On 16.12.2017 at 9:01 AM, Igor said:

Those? :D

NO! Only the yellow ones were the 'originals'. And everything else was fake..:P  So, you don't want to be the kid with the 'fake Tamagotchi'... :D :lol:

I wrote the pinmapping for the pcDuino3, so it should be supported by pyGPIO:

Since pinmapping & schematics are a bit messy, I'm not sure if it works (have no board to test it). Pinnaming differs from the other, cause it don't have a "RPi compatible" pin-header:

pin_name.thumb.jpg.d4a7df5382ab8ef915562bb9bad93400.jpg

But this is my 'Christmas present'  for all the frustrated Dads, having Sons who spend their money for something useful instead of buying a fidget spinner. :lol: