Can't Install MongoDB on Cubietruck 3

abc150781

Dear All,

I need to install a MongoDB due to install unifi controller. Base on the documatation (UniFi - How to Install & Update via APT on Debian or Ubuntu) version 2.9.10 is recommend .

You can find the latest installation guide for Ubuntu here, and Debian here. Both does not work. 

I've got the following error message when performing "apt-get update",  I now this is the MonoDB version 3.4, but I got the same message on the recommended version.

Reading package lists... Done
W: The repository 'http://repo.mongodb.org/apt/debian stretch/mongodb-org/3.4 Release' does not have a Release file.
N: Data from such a repository can't be authenticated and is therefore potentially dangerous to use.
N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration details.
E: Failed to fetch http://repo.mongodb.org/apt/debian/dists/stretch/mongodb-org/3.4/main/binary-armhf/Packages  404  Not Found
E: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.
root@cubietruck:/etc/apt/sources.list.d# apt-secure
Could not find the database of available applications, run update-command-not-found as root to fix this
apt-secure: command not found

To be honest, I'm not a debian expert :-(

Thank you for your assistance

BR

Patrick

It looks like your only chances are if sources exist to compile from sources. They only provide builds for Intel platform. Cubietruck chip is based on ARM architecture

Most of the applications out there work here (on ARM systems like Armbian Debian) without problems ... but it's their job (app creators) to supply binaries.

On 12/25/2017 at 11:58 PM, umiddelb said:

I'm running the unifi controller software on a 2.6.10 mongodb server (using the xenial distro package). You may give it a try. 

I'm having the same issue with the unifi/mongodb package after upgrading my cubietruck to debian stretch. Are you able to help us on how to do that?

unifi : Depends: mongodb-server (>= 2.4.10) but it is not installable or
                  mongodb-10gen (>= 2.4.14) but it is not installable or
                  mongodb-org-server (>= 2.6.0) but it is not installable

I'm running the unifi controller package on top of ubuntu xenial, not debian stretch.

Understood. I thought you were able to use just the xenial package for mongodb on debian stretch. :-(

Meanwhile I was able to install the binaries provided for RPI 3 from this post https://andyfelong.com/2017/08/mongodb-3-0-14-for-raspbian-stretch/

Unfortunately the unifi package cannot be installed because it still thinks that mongodb is not installed. I‘ll guess I‘ll have to figure out how to convince the apt-get system to ignore that dependency.

1 hour ago, DiscoStewDeluxe said:

I thought you were able to use just the xenial package for mongodb on debian stretch.

Exactly for such reasons we provide both, Ubuntu and Debian. It saves time in such situations :)

Exactly for such reasons we provide both, Ubuntu and Debian. It saves time in such situations 

Hi Igor. Thanks for the hint/confirmation, that this would work.

What I did is: I downloaded the package from launchpad and tried installed it using dpkg. But that failed. Is there another way you would recommend?

1 minute ago, DiscoStewDeluxe said:

and tried installed it using dpkg

apt -f install

This usually helps. This is now Debian related issue. Unrelated to Cubietruck or Armbian.