module bcmdhd missing

chessplayer

Hi everyone,

after getting Igor's image for Jessie with kernel 3.4.109 on January 10th, I did an upgrade and now I get:

uname -a
Linux cubieVDR 3.4.110-sun7i #10 SMP PREEMPT Mon Dec 28 11:48:43 CET 2015 armv7l GNU/Linux

However, unfortunately I also get

modprobe bcmdhd
modprobe: FATAL: Module bcmdhd not found.

According to http://www.armbian.com/documentation/, it does not say anything about having to do something special to obtain the module in the section called "How to set wireless access point?". Also, on another machine running kernel 3.4.108, everything is working fine (see my post in this forum).

What do I need to do to get the AP working?

Cheers,

chessplayer

Ok, thanks. So now I need a file /etc/modprobe.d/a6210.conf with the following contents:

options ap6210 op_mode=2

Also, it is not clear to me whether everybody is aware that in order to make hostapd run at boot, you have to edit the file /etc/default/hostapd and uncomment the line

#DAEMON_CONF=""

and change it to

DAEMON_CONF="/etc/hostapd.conf"

I believe it would be good to mention these two issues in your section on "How to set wireless access point" in your documentation. Especially the last point has not really been mentioned anywhere, has it?

In any case, I believe it is appropriate to really thank you very much again for the treemdous work you are doing with ARMbian!

chessplayer

P.S.: Can again be marked as "solved" ...  ;)