HX711 and load cells

r0d

Hi,

First i'm french, so please excuse my english.

I'm new to this forum but not new with Orange Pi (One)
I'm already running 4 OPi with some basic hardware (like DS18B20, HT21D, relay module, etc...) for different projects like egg incubator, central heating, chicken door, etc...

I'm working on a new project for a connected beehive and i'm trying to use loadcells with an HX711 but i can't get any data from my HX711.

The code i'm using is this one: https://github.com/ggurov/hx711/blob/master/hx711.c

The only thing i can obtain is "No data to consider"
I have made a "quick and dirty" script to change #define CLOCK_PIN and #define DATA_PIN from 1 to 30, compile and run the hx711 script for each pin values, but whatever pin i use i can't get any data from my hx711.

Did someone already work with hx711 and load cells on an OPi One ?

Any help will be appreciated, thank you in advance :)

That code is for the Raspberry PI, not the Orange PI, and the way it obtains the necessary timings looks highly platform dependent, which is probably why it doesn't work. Using an hardware timer would be a much better solution IMO, but due to Linux non-realtime nature, I would use a small cheap micro controller just to take the readings, buffer them, and transform them into serial  (i2c, whatever) packets upon request from the OPi.