apt upgrade

scooby

Question

Hi,

Is there anyone out there who could explain why I cannot do any upgrade on my Cubox i4 anymore? On boot it looks like this:

[ 0 security updates available, 9 updates total: apt upgrade ]
Last check: 2017-11-26 04:06

Thanks!

11 answers to this question

10 minutes ago, scooby said:

[ 0 security updates available, 9 updates total: apt upgrade ]
Last check: 2017-11-26 04:06

Mostly - if apt update tells you all packages are uptodate - the "only" the welcome message about the updates has "frozen".
Got this on some of my Pi-computers with armbian.

9 minutes ago, scooby said:

Hmm..., so what could be done to"thaw" that message up?

You could remove /var/cache/apt/archives/updates.number 
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 66 Nov 28 00:00 /var/cache/apt/archives/updates.number

but I dont know if it will be recreated when new updates are coming :(

I tried your suggestion Igor but it did not make any difference. However, i did not remove the file "-rw-r--r-- 1 root root       65 nov 26 04:06 updates.number" as guidol suggested, do I have to do that first?

Of course, you are right Igor, the command just set the permission and nothing else.

I decided to wait but I still had the same message showing up the next day. Then I tried to do a manual update and that worked like a charm.

Didn't I wait long enough or do I have some trouble with the daily cron? You see, I have got the same cron message "run-parts: /etc/cron.daily/log2ram exited with return code 1" every morning now for some time but cannot recall when it started. Could it be related?

1 hour ago, scooby said:

You see, I have got the same cron message "run-parts: /etc/cron.daily/log2ram exited with return code 1" every morning now for some time but cannot recall when it started. Could it be related?

Possible. I'll put out one bugfix update ASAP and then we will see if this will be fixed. I need to put it out ASAP since armbianmonitor -u for sending diagnostic reports is currently n/a due to external service malfunctioning.

Thanks Igor, the update notification is now working as it should. Changing the permission solved the problem.

I still getting the same cron-message “run-parts: /etc/cron.daily/log2ram exited with return code 1" every morning. Do you know the reason for this? I am running the OS from usb.