[SOLVED] Module 'nls_utf8' was missing in armbian 5.3.6 (4.13.16-sunxi64)

Joe_PS

Hi,

Since the armbian release 5.3.6 (Linux 8 jessie 4.13.16-sunxi64) does not contain the module 'nls_utf8', one can not use the OpenMediaVault - OMV - plugin 'Remote Mount' for accessing an external HDD ... for example, which is connected to a Fritz!Box (running Fritz!NAS). Further details please see OMV - Remote Mount: How to mount an HDD that is connected to a Fritz!Box 7490?

Please include the module 'nls_utf8' (and maybe some more nls_* modules) in an update compilation, which is based on the same kernel. Many thanks in advance.

The module is provided in following Debian Jessie file list (image): https://packages.debian.org/jessie/arm64/linux-image-3.16.0-4-arm64/filelist

Regards, Joe

9 hours ago, zador.blood.stained said:

with the 4.14.15 update

Thanks. Could you guess please, when 4.14.15 would be probably available for mainline kernel - debian server (OPI0+) at the eraliest? Or via apt-update && apt-upgrade?

Would it be good, if all nls_* modules are included within the basic linux-sunxi kernel deployment?

If, and only if yes: Should I write a short friendly request in the group Google group linux-sunxi? (Or is this the wrong 'procedure'/'communication'?)

Hi guys,

I have the same problem with current release.

Would you be so kind and add that module again to the release?

root@openmediavault:~# uname -a
Linux openmediavault 4.19.17-sunxi64 #5.73 SMP Tue Jan 29 06:41:37 CET 2019 aarch64 GNU/Linux

root@openmediavault:~# grep -i nls_utf8 /boot/config*
# CONFIG_NLS_UTF8 is not set