NanoPi Duo OTG works with FriendlyElec image, but not Armbian (SOLVED)

sgjava

I just got 4 NanoPi Duos v1.1 and the OTG port functions (unlike v1.0)! This is with the FriendlyElec image. I was wondering should I compare the FriendlyElec's sun8i-h2-plus-nanopi-duo.dtb to the one on Armbian? I already tried messing with Armbian's sun8i-h2-plus-nanopi-duo.dtb by changing usb@01c19000 status = "okay" and adding dr_mode = "host". I'm not sure I can just drop in the dtb? Any way, I'll see what I can figure out. I'm excited the OTG port works now for more than just power since that saves you from buying the Mini Shield if you have a simple project that just needs a USB drive or camera.

OK, solved this by using FriendlyElec's dtb! Armbian folks may want to use this DTB instead of what's in the current distro. lsusb show thumb drive:

Bus 001 Device 002: ID 090c:1000 Silicon Motion, Inc. - Taiwan (formerly Feiya Technology Corp.) Flash Drive

IMG_20180122_205953.thumb.jpg.98bceba6255809c9ceeaa8de94f85d08.jpg

There's a typo in my code above - it should say &usb_otg, not &usb_org (thick fingers, sorry!):

&usb_otg {
    dr_mode = "host";
    status = "okay";
};

Did you catch that? If not, maybe give at another go with the above modification.

This tag corresponds to the following part of the friendlyelec "all-in-one" dts:

usb@01c19000 {
			compatible = "allwinner,sun8i-h3-musb";
			reg = <0x1c19000 0x400>;
			clocks = <0x4 0x20>;
			resets = <0x4 0x11>;
			interrupts = <0x0 0x47 0x4>;
			interrupt-names = "mc";
			phys = <0x1c 0x0>;
			phy-names = "usb";
			extcon = <0x1c 0x0>;
			status = "okay";
			dr_mode = "otg";
		};

Based on that I would try exchanging "host" for "otg" in the dr_mode tag.