AP6210 causes packets dropping

Robert LabTeam

Hi,
I am using Bluetooth and WiFi in the same time. Bluetooth is using for a whole time and WiFi 1 time per minute. So, I don't need WiFi connection very fast and do need most of network services. Due usage of AP6210 module, WiFi and BT shares the same communication channel (UART). I continuously send data (1Mbps) via Bluetooth. WiFi is used by my app 1 time per minute.The problem is that Bluetooth drops communication for about second. Reducing BT speed does not help. I noticed that when I download file from OPI board,that drops occurs much often. It seems that WiFi has a higher priority than BT in communication. 
Strange thing is that when I don't use WiFi network, it still drops randomly. I think some services in background use network. Is there any way to set WiFI connection less important than Bluetooth communication or you have different ideas?

You are right. However is still shares the same integrated circuit, so WiFi can interrupt BT.  I disabled almost all network services. I am wondering if there is a way to set TX output from this module? Maybe it is not set to max. I noticed that if I reduce router output power, it drops  connection more often. Maybe, the wifi module attempts to reconnect or repeat some packets and it takes too much time for the module.

The problems is also that simple restart bt (on/off) does not help if I got "Invalid command" error while trying to pair the device. I need to reboot.  Is there any way to do it without reboot?