Different take on armbian-config

MitchD

I'm familiar with the armbian-config tool and while I think its cool, it may not be the best thing for the beginner. The hardest part of beginning anything is not knowing what you don't know. I've begun writing a simple tool using curses and python which hopefully disambiguates some of the features of each board. I'm currently focusing on H3 boards, since thats what I have and I'm most familiar with them.  Currently I have the ascii art and setup for the Orangepi PC, One, Zero, and Nanopi Neo. 

The idea is to use the arrow keys to navigate, spacebar to select, 'b' for back, and (most importantly) 'h' for help. The help menu should have enough information to get a beginner going. 

I'm currently working on the USB OTG section, and I'm trying to get all the configfs information on the internet into one place.  Having the option to have any amount of USB OTG gadgets selected is really cool, and I'm not sure a lot people know about it. I'm hoping to make the configuration easy, like selecting radio buttons.

If anyone thinks this is cool (or that it sucks), let me know. Its still in development.

Here is a gif of it in action:

5a6fc65b38b25_Peek2018-01-2919-11.gif.453df95838685f5e1a9becd59bdf9bbe.gif5a6fc5ffbb30a_Peek2018-01-2919-09.gif.4856c5e27a17c27bb9abb28e49586b66.gif

example.gif

You can find the (in-progress) repo here: https://github.com/MitchRatquest/armbian-helper

I agree with regard on the HELP, but the graphicle interface of yours is way too much - in my humble opinon.

A review of current interface sounds good, but always keep low maintenance in mind.

Days only have 24hrs ;)