Armbian/debian stretch orange pi pc Network access

premo

29 minutes ago, premo said:

I have to run through armbian configuration and enter wireless wired etc configuration and push clear possible blocked interfaces just to enable network access. 

The network works perfectly fine:

1. On stock unmodified image

2. When setting fixed IP

3. It fails when setting back to DHCP from within a (beta tool) armbian-config

It will be fixed.

Network/firewall problem detected. Not able to upload debug info.
Please fix this or use "-U" instead and upload whole output manually

System diagnosis information will now be uploaded to /usr/bin/armbianmonitor: line 341: /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/cpuinfo_cur_freq: Permission denied
/usr/bin/armbianmonitor: line 341: /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/cpuinfo_cur_freq: Permission denied
/usr/bin/armbianmonitor: line 341: /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/cpuinfo_cur_freq: Permission denied
http://ix.io/EXO
Please post the URL in the forum where you've been asked for.

this is after I push CLEAR 

So for now manual edit is the only fix ?

8 hours ago, premo said:

stable chromium

We are using Chromium from Ubuntu stable branch and there was never support for accelerated youtube videos. Not even in a legacy kernel, where video acceleration is possible and enabled but again, not with Chromium. You need to use an external player for this. Then it works. Been discussed before: https://forum.armbian.com/search/

For some reasons Im trying armbian 5.20,  I just did sudo apt-get update and upgrade. will this upgrade to the latest distribution including the  kernel ??? Also  I have notice that mpv in fullscreen is laggy but km player  is not . I hv no idea. Thank u.

Unpacking linux-headers-sun8i (5.38) over (5.20) 
dpkg: warning: unable to delete old directory '/usr/src/linux-headers-3.4.112-sun8i/scripts/kconfig': Directory not empty
dpkg: warning: unable to delete old directory '/usr/src/linux-headers-3.4.112-sun8i/scripts/basic': Directory not empty
dpkg: warning: unable to delete old directory '/usr/src/linux-headers-3.4.112-sun8i/scripts/mod': Directory not empty
dpkg: warning: unable to delete old directory '/usr/src/linux-headers-3.4.112-sun8i/scripts/genksyms': Directory not empty
dpkg: warning: unable to delete old directory '/usr/src/linux-headers-3.4.112-sun8i/scripts': Directory not empty
dpkg: warning: unable to delete old directory '/usr/src/linux-headers-3.4.112-sun8i': Directory not empty
Preparing to unpack .../linux-image-sun8i_5.38_armhf.deb ...
Removing obsolete file initrd.img-3.4.112-sun8i
Unpacking linux-image-sun8i (5.38) over (5.20) ..

So does it mean it updating kernel too.