Custom image with "official" armbian packages

looper

Hi,

is it possible to create a custom image with the "offical" compiled armbian packages. I looked in the tool chain, but I did not saw an option.

If I'm not missing something: I could add such option an send a PR, but only if there are chances, that this PR would be merged. So, is there some interest in it?

Background: I want to create some custom images with additional custom deb packages, but I see no need, to change all other packages.

Thanks,

Alex

That is unfortunately not implemented but should not be a hard job, while we don't store userspace caches online - it is uploading/can be on to the server and later auto synchronized, while the rest we ATM do not have time to work on. 

Since this might be generally useful and if you do it properly, I don't see a problem to accept PR? @zador.blood.stained

14 minutes ago, looper said:

Yes, I saw how to add custom packages but not how to avoid some of them get installed during chroot creation...

Use apt purge method and remove them. This works out of the box, while default package list is not implemented as a user-defined variable.

8 hours ago, Igor said:

That is unfortunately not implemented but should not be a hard job, while we don't store userspace caches online - it is uploading/can be on to the server and later auto synchronized, while the rest we ATM do not have time to work on. 

Installing packages from the server will need at least some refactoring and pulling userspace cache from the server (and syncing/uploading it there, selecting whether to download or build it from scratch based on packages selection, etc.) will need noticeable refactoring and testing, I'm not sure if we need to implement this.