User Space IO is Python 3 and Java 8 bindings for user space GPIO, SPI, I2C, PWM and Serial interfaces

7 hours ago, sgjava said:

@fourtyseven Or just use a NodeMcu since it has a lot of GPIO pins. I often replace a SBC with a NodeMcu and some Lua code for less complex tasks. It makes an excellent micro controller as well. And at $3 each you cannot beat the price.

I understand but i'm having those 'What if' moments... Remove extra hardware and implement into one.. i feel like the GPIO is being wasted on these boards.

@fourtyseven I agree and shift registers and multiplexers will solve the limited GPIO pins issue, but my thought is if I have to go that route and add a lot more software complexity then I'll go the NodeMcu route (all GPIO pins can be hardware PWM too instead of one pin). The Duo is very limited GPIO wise. This is the Frankenboard I test User Space IO on. GPIO, I2C, SPI, PWM, LED, etc. are all used.

IMG_20200127_180043078.jpg

On 1/28/2020 at 12:42 PM, fourtyseven said:

I'm even more curious with the I2S bus where you can use it as a pseudo SPI bus in the ESP32 platform and control a 74hc595. Is this possible with these SBC's?

I am going to assume you simply need to feed it an "audio stream" that would replicate what you want.  That said I've never tried it.

On 2/7/2020 at 11:06 PM, sgjava said:

Now you will be on the bleeding edge

Hi Steven, can you please update your initial posting (a line at the beginning or such)  and maybe the last post so people find your great work?

Edit:

I see you already did.. but just a link. How about some words like: The improved version you find here:  ... obviously I stumbled over it, sorry.

Edit2: 

The link mentioned above is dead like a parrot https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZw35VUBdzo

Edited by Tido