Odroid xu4 Webgl

Patrice Déry

1 hour ago, TonyMac32 said:

Well, the images I build won't boot, so that's an issue.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

It works after this but it might be a bit radical solution ;)

1 hour ago, Igor said:

It works after this but it might be a bit radical solution

Most probably they are making some changes at Hardkernel, and their kernel will work again soon.  But I think this is a good opportunity to try the "standard" mainline kernel, and see if some of the pending bugs are Hardkernel related or not.

3 minutes ago, JMCC said:

Most probably they are making some changes at Hardkernel, and their kernel will work again soon.  But I think this is a good opportunity to try the "standard" mainline kernel, and see if some of the pending bugs are Hardkernel related or not.

It was not the first time that the one and only (development) branch causes problems. In any case, they are merging 4.14.y mainline into their branch ... patch for Odroid XU4 support has 800.000 lines :) which means a lot is missing upstream, but probably there is a lot of overhead. Well, at least MALI is a part of that patch. I only remove their wireless driver, since ours are better. A few months from now, we do a check, merge, add, ...

It was not the first time that the one and only (development) branch causes problems. In any case, they are merging 4.14.y mainline into their branch ... patch for Odroid XU4 support has 800.000 lines  which means a lot is missing upstream, but probably there is a lot of overhead. Well, at least MALI is a part of that patch. I only remove their wireless driver, since ours are better. A few months from now, we do a check, merge, add, ...
If your wireless driver is better why not do a pull request.

7 hours ago, rooted said:

If your wireless driver is better why not do a pull request.

Consider that it is still in an active development and we don't maintain it. The driver is better in advanced features and it also supports 8814 and 8811 chips which are n/a in the default driver ... which supports the one sold by Hardkernel. Yesterday I made another update (few bugs + code cleanup) to the patch and I can push everything but updating is another story. We already use upstream kernel sources + add-odroid-0ae2774.patch.patch for Odroid XU4. I already tried to port XU4 support to 4.16.y but get stuck. Too many changes in handling big/little for what I could understand.