Le Potato HDMI Touchscreen--debian stretch

Jay Tolleson

Hello, I have a 7 in lcd touchscreen that I would like to use with my 'le potato' board.
I have begun using Armbian Le Potato Debian Stretch.
I would like to get this working and would explore many options but when it breaks down i have:
utilized putty to ssh into my 'le potato' with ethernet on my main router
and typed in fbset to reveal...

putty ssh screenshot

I was curious about other possible options in Armbian like utilizing a config file or
converting a .bin file to fex and changing the values. However, I have had no luck in utilizing an hdmi touchscreen besides maintaining usb power and flickering.  Would anyone have a method of touchscreen display implementation via hdmi in Armbian?

lepotato.png

2018-02-25-083651.jpg

2018-02-25-083708.jpg

Thanks for some direction, I am somewhat of a noob and Armbian is interesting if I can get to a desktop I will be very happy, I intend to make this a video camera mostly with a usb camera like a go pro and an lcd touchscreen with a desktop is necessary.

As for the solution, I am applying myself in research for more understanding.  Anything could help.  

following up on my own question with my own direction......some research revealed...

https://docs.armbian.com/User-Guide_Fine-Tuning/

this way to alter boot.cmd and boot.scr and armbian.txt in /boot

Edit and change boot parameters in /boot/boot.cmd (not recommended) or variables in /boot/armbianEnv.txt:

- console=both + console=serial

Recompile boot.cmd to boot.scr if it was changed:

mkimage -C none -A arm -T script -d /boot/boot.cmd /boot/boot.scr

Reboot.

and this: for armbian

screen settings on H3 devices:

# Example to set resolution to 1920 x 1080, full colour-range and DVI h3disp -m 1080p60 -d -c 1

screen resolution on other boards:

nano /boot/boot.cmd # example: # change example from # disp.screen0_output_mode=1920x1080p60 # to # disp.screen0_output_mode=1280x720p60 mkimage -C none -A arm -T script -d /boot/boot.cmd /boot/boot.scr

screen resolution interactive - only Allwinner boards with A10 and A20 with legacy kernel:

# Example to set console framebuffer resolution to 1280 x 720 a10disp changehdmimodeforce 4

Other modes:

0 480i 1 576i 2 480p 3 576p 4 720p 50Hz 5 720p 60Hz 6 1080i 50 Hz 7 1080i 60 Hz 8 1080p 24 Hz 9 1080p 50 Hz 10 1080p 60 Hz

this is going to be my direction so i hope to install a new screen soon....on a Le Potato

7 minutes ago, Tido said:

only

A10

A20tLegacy = 3.x Kernel

Good luck

So far, I have not understood what A10 or A20 is, I am a beginner in this land....it does say there is an option for "other boards" also which is a less descriptive line than the one for A10 A20 type boards.....i use LibreComputer "le potato".  and i am hoping "other boards" works....   

The reason you've not gotten help is that I don't have any of this hardware, and we don't support Stretch yet.  Between those two things, we don't have support.

A10 and A20 are SoC's from Allwinner.  Linux support in general is per processor and board.  Some vendors boards are using very old kernels, some a bit newer, most have some reduced functionality in mainline

2 hours ago, Jay Tolleson said:

Allwinner boards with A10 and A20

Allwinner is the maker of the SoC (the CPU so to say)

Whereas your Le Potato comes with an AMLOGIC SoC = s905x

You might get better support with the Images for the TV boxes. I know you don't need all of the TV boxes offers, but you might have luck with the driver.

Start with the first post and then try the search function (no warranty, just some idea of mine) https://forum.armbian.com/topic/2419-armbian-for-amlogic-s905-and-s905x/?page=1

@Jay Tolleson What resolution is the 7" LCD? Recently several DMT modes were added to the mainline kernel but it is not all inclusive. If you provide the resolution, we can probably provide you with the necessary timing bits to drive the display.

BayLibre is still working on the display code to support even more resolutions but it will not land for a few kernel versions.

Hello @Da Xue 720x480 would be the resolution on the screen and much like you say the new kernel has timings already which seem to work.  I am not dedicated to technology, or arbmbian, and I would have like to respond earlier.

side note: my 'le potato' has become a broadcasting server on a static ip....not shared but can be found...and can handle quad hd streaming on like how ever you want to qualify "low data" while running at some 4% of memory for 1 1280 x 720 stream

i will get it working likely tomorrow somehow.....it is the weekend.