RK3399 question (split from project aims)

Wizkad

On 18/02/2018 at 1:52 PM, chwe said:

H6 and RK3399 boards with 'interesting features' will arrive soon (or are still there as @tkaiser shows in his 'not a review - review' :P). I expect that those boards will generate a lot of new issues (mPCI/PCI allows to connect a bunch of new hardware, GPU and VPU are powerful enough for some fancy stuff - and also more kodi-like stuff). It might be a good time to do some 'house keeping' (before all those boards and their customers arrive). 

Can we summarize all open issues and actions which are needed to fix them? I see all your rolling eyes cause we don't know the issues before they appear :P... 

A20:

-

-

-

H3:

- CSI (camera) doesn't work on mainline, gc2035 needs an small script in legacy to start up properly

-

Armlogic:

-

-

Freescale:

-

-

Rockchip (I suggest only the one we support at the moment, not RK3399):

- CSI (tinkerboard, rk3288) is supported (RK 4.4 bsp kernel) by kernel (OV6547 OV5640, imx219 - RPI-cam V1.3 resp. V2) but doesn't show up properly when booting)

-

Marvell ARMADA:

-

-

Armbian related scripts:

- h3consumption is legacy only

-

I suggest that everyone interested can quote this 'table' and fill it with issues.

Is there a way to dual RK3399 on one board?

2 hours ago, Wizkad said:

Is there a way to dual RK3399 on one board?

I haven't seen Rockchip advertise any kind of cpu - cpu link as a feature. Like QPI, Front Side Bus, HyperTransport, etc.

You could put as many of them on a board as you wanted to, I don't think you'd be able to get them working as a single SMP/HMP system though. You may be able to do some kind of high-speed cluster via PCIe though.

Mainline linux just got PCIe endpoint support patches for RK3399, in addition to the host mode that is already there, so you could theoretically connect multiple RK3399 via PCIe, it can't do multi-master though afaik, so you would have a single Master plus slaves/devices...