Building Armbian for a custom A64 based board - DR47

stulluk

Dear All,

Thank you so much for your efforts for such a nice project.

I searched for the forum, but couldn't find a similar topic. I also checked the documentation,  but couldn't find about "What are the steps for a new device" ?

I have a new Allwinner A64 based SoM + Carrier based system, used for smart home.  The board's name is DR47. A samples photo is below:

5DNvvz.jpg

Currently, latest Armbian SOPINE image (which I downloaded from here: https://dl.armbian.com/pine64so/nightly) works perfectly on my board, at least it boots without any errors, and my rtl8152 USB-Ethernet works too.

I have studied "Building Armbian" , and setup vagrant, but failed to create image, because of below error:

[ error ] ERROR in function compile_uboot [ compilation.sh:226

Anyway, my question is, how can I customise my build environment, so that I can build directly for DR47, not for SOPINE? 

What are the correct steps to add my own board to armbian build system?

Because my board has a lot of differences, such as, it can drive 7" and 10.1" LVDS LCD ( not simultaneously of course :) ),  and I want to customize my output to drive my LCD's ...

Thanks for the replies.

22 hours ago, stulluk said:

I have studied "Building Armbian" , and setup vagrant, but failed to create image, because of below error:

[ error ] ERROR in function compile_uboot [ compilation.sh:226

Before you try to add a new device you have to solve compilation issues first. For making modifications to the build script it is easier to use Docker or Virtualbox without Vagrant.

22 hours ago, stulluk said:

Anyway, my question is, how can I customise my build environment, so that I can build directly for DR47, not for SOPINE? 

What are the correct steps to add my own board to armbian build system?

For adding an A64 based device - add a board configuration file, add Device Tree files and boot0 blob in packages.blobs/sunxi/a64/ (for the 3.10.x kernel branch), add u-boot patches with a build configuration and DT (for the mainline kernel target), add kernel patches with DT files for your device.