Amlogic s905x P212 T95N Mini Mx+

Eddy_T

Here are some steps which I have already tried:

1- I downloaded Armbian_5.41_S9xxx_Ubuntu_xenial_3.14.29_server_20180225.img.xz, unzipped it and burnt it to my SD card

2- I rebooted my TV box with the sd card in and holding the seset button

3- The Amlogic S905X logo came up. I went to eat dinner

4- Came back 1 hour later and the screen remained frozen on the same logo.

5- I powered the unit off, inserted the SD card into my pc and copied the file gxl_p212_1g.dtb to the sd root directory, renamed it to dtb.img and repeated the hard reset. Still the same behaviour.

6- I started the Android box without the sd card in it, went to the backup/upgrade app, asked it to upgrade from sd card and to use the file aml_autoscript.zip and no change. it just boots and stays on the Amlogic logo.

Any idea what's going on?

Thanks

7 hours ago, clarkss12 said:

Will this help???

A good user manual. Can I add a link to this video to my first post in the topic with step-by-step instructions for users ?

6 hours ago, Eddy_T said:

copied the file gxl_p212_1g.dtb

Try gxl_p212_2g.dtb or all p212*.dtb

Its working. I feel so bad about this. The problem was two-fold:

1- For some strange reason, data was not being written to the sd card so all the trying was useless.. Its a strange Windows 10 issue. The sd card shows fine in Windows Explorer but then I noticed that when i remove the sd card, windows explorer still thinks that it is inserted.  Go figure!

3- I made the manual multiboot changes, copied the gxl_p212_1g.dtb file over renamed it to dtb.img, rebooted and now it is running.

I will now read more posts and learn how to make the box boot from the EMMC. It is best for what I need to do. If someone has spent the time and knows how to, that too will be appreciated.

Its now just after 5 am and my mind is at ease.. maybe I can get some sleep before going to work (real work and not play) at 7:00 am!

Good morning to all!

After installing to FLAS as per balbes150 instructions, all went well and the system booted fine from NAND

I then edited the fstab file to automount a usb hard disk at boot. (Note: this worked fine when running from a USB stick). The line that i added is UUID=device UUID /Folder path
/external ntfs rw,nosuid,nodev,default_permissions 0 0

I then rebooted the system and after hanging up on a line, it got to the 'emergency' mode. Here is a screenshot.

Any idea what to do about this?

Thank you!

recovery mode.JPG

I recovered the system by re-inserting the usb stick, rebooting from it and running ./install.sh

Here are some important questions:

1- is it not possible to edit fstab once the system is running from FLASH?

2- How to automatically run the modprobe wifi_dummy command so that the wifi works on bootup?

3- is it possible to run apt-get update && apt-get upgrade && apt-get dist-upgrade while running from NAND?

4- can the swap partition be moved to the external USB diskdrive?

5- is there an easy way to let the system install all new software (like lamp) on the USB drive

Thanks again! At least i am still alive.. hardly breathing thoug

On 01.03.2018 at 5:31 AM, Eddy_T said:

After installing to FLAS as per balbes150 instructions, all went well and the system booted fine from NAND

I then edited the fstab file to automount a usb hard disk at boot. (Note: this worked fine when running from a USB stick). The line that i added is UUID=device UUID /Folder path
/external ntfs rw,nosuid,nodev,default_permissions 0 0

I then rebooted the system and after hanging up on a line, it got to the 'emergency' mode. Here is a screenshot.

Any idea what to do about this?

Understand the quality of the media. Remove the mount from the fstab or use the mount options to skip scanning external media.

On 01.03.2018 at 6:16 AM, Eddy_T said:

I recovered the system by re-inserting the usb stick, rebooting from it and running ./install.sh

Here are some important questions:

1- is it not possible to edit fstab once the system is running from FLASH?

2- How to automatically run the modprobe wifi_dummy command so that the wifi works on bootup?

3- is it possible to run apt-get update && apt-get upgrade && apt-get dist-upgrade while running from NAND?

4- can the swap partition be moved to the external USB diskdrive?

5- is there an easy way to let the system install all new software (like lamp) on the USB drive

Thanks again! At least i am still alive.. hardly breathing thoug

1. maybe

2. learn how to use the /etc/modules

3 file. perhaps, but the result is not known

4.  maybe, but the USB speed is significantly lower and the system will run very slowly

5. installation is possible, but it will require a lot of manual work

Hello everyone

Just installed the latest  Armbian_5.67_Aml-s9xxx_Ubuntu_bionic_default_4.19.7_20181218.img on my T-95N and was ready to go at it!

I am running into a strange behaviour when running:

root@aml:~# modprobe wifi_dummy and I get this error:

FATAL: Module wifi_dummy not found in directory /lib/modules/4.19.7-aml-s9xxx

it is strange because this used to work wonders before I loaded this image?

Any help would be appreciated!

Best of this holiday season.

It looks like you were using before:

On 2/28/2018 at 2:22 AM, Eddy_T said:

Ubuntu_xenial_3.14.29_server

Which is a pretty old Kernel and a lot has changed since. So if you need a driver running on Kernel 4.19 you have to compile the driver against (or on) the new Kernel. Probably driver files were also updated so look for the latest file and or search this thread: https://forum.armbian.com/topic/2419-armbian-for-amlogic-s905-and-s905x-ver-544/

Hi Tido

Thanks for the reply. yes, I am aware that the Kernel I was using is old. The fact of the matter is that I loaded the newest Kernel and tried to enable the onboard Realtek wi-fi adapter u8sing the modprobe wifi_dummy procedure.

Of course that failed which is what prompted me to make this post.

I am sure someone has already done this so instead of going on a long search which may take days... and not sure that would work. If someone can post a code link on how to do this, it would be useful to many.

Thanks again for your great posts!

Eddy_T

I am now using:

ARMBIAN 5.67 user-built Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS 4.19.7-aml-s9xxx

I am still trying to install a Realtek driver (Realtek 8812AU/8821AU USB WiFi driver)
I have downloaded and unzipped the files from the source like this:

### Compiling for Ubuntu (16.04)

Download archive into temp directory

```sh
# mkdir -p /tmp/t4u
# cd /tmp/t4u
# wget https://github.com/abperiasamy/rtl8812AU_8821AU_linux/archive/master.zip
```

Unzip

```sh
# unzip master.zip
# cd rtl8812AU_8821AU_linux-master
```

Compile and install from source

```sh
# make
# sudo make install
```

Load module

```sh
# sudo modprobe -a rtl8812au

this FAILS at the make step with this error:

root@aml:/tmp/t4u/rtl8812AU_8821AU_linux-master# make
make ARCH=arm64 CROSS_COMPILE= -C /lib/modules/4.19.7-aml-s9xxx/build M=/tmp/t4u/rtl8812AU_8821AU_linux-master  modules
make[1]: *** /lib/modules/4.19.7-aml-s9xxx/build: No such file or directory.  Stop.
Makefile:1584: recipe for target 'modules' failed
make: *** [modules] Error 2
root@aml:/tmp/t4u/rtl8812AU_8821AU_linux-master#

Any ideas non why? i feel i am close to make it work after 10 hours of searching...

Eddy_T
```

tried to install the linux headers for the 4.19.7 Kernel, but got more errors:

root@aml:/lib/modules# apt-get install linux-headers-4.19.7-aml-s9xxx
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package linux-headers-4.19.7-aml-s9xxx
E: Couldn't find any package by glob '
linux-headers-4.19.7-aml-s9xxx'
E: Couldn't find any package by regex '
linux-headers-4.19.7-aml-s9xxx'