ODroid XU4 - DVD Drive/ISO9660 Issue

Ceruleancerise

I recently hooked up my XU4 to a DVD/CD Enclosure, essentially just SATA to USB, and am having an issue mounting the drive. After researching online it seems this is a filesystem issue.

So, I was wondering if anybody else has encountered this problem, and if so, how did you fix it? Thanks :D

Armbian: Image: Armbian_5.37_Odroidxu4_Ubuntu_xenial_next_4.9.71_desktop.7z
               Kernel: [default] 4.9.61-odroidxu4 #2 SMP PREEMPT Wed Nov 22 16:34:23 CET 2017

Errors:
# mount -t iso9660 /dev/sr0 /media/ceru/cdrom
mount: /dev/sr0 is write-protected, mounting read-only
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sr0,
missing codepage or helper program, or other error

In some cases useful info is found in syslog - try
dmesg | tail or so.

/etc/fstab edit with this line "/dev/sr0 /media/ceru/cdrom udf,iso9660 user,noauto,exec,utf8 0 0" does nothing, same error as above ^

Note: Enclosure checked to be working with Windows, and that disc is using ISO9660 filesystem.

On 4. 3. 2018 at 4:30 AM, Ceruleancerise said:

Note: Enclosure checked to be working with Windows, and that disc is using ISO9660 filesystem.

It looks everything kernel wise is enabled https://github.com/armbian/build/blob/master/config/kernel/linux-odroidxu4-next.config#L5220-L5226 I don't recall we need anything else.

Unfortunately, I don't have any CD rom device around to test :( 

OK tonight I hooked up an old SH-S182 DVDR (+10 yrs) to a usb to ata adapter and had a little trouble reading any disk until I rebooted. When I rebooted with the DVD drive on and attached everything worked as I expected. I did NOT do any editing on /etc/fstab .

I was able to read several burned DVD and CD s I had laying around. It even identified my K-Pax movie although I don't have anything installed with which to play it.

Did you 'plug and try to play?' Perhaps turn the drive on first then boot the XU4 and see if anything id's? 

It's nice having a disk drive available to bring things from old CDs and DVDs to USB, so thanks for the exercise! I hope you are able to get yours working, it's not a limitation of the XU4 or Armbian.

technicavolous@odroidxu4:~$ uname -a
Linux odroidxu4 4.9.61-odroidxu4 #2 SMP PREEMPT Wed Nov 22 16:34:23 CET 2017 armv7l armv7l armv7l GNU/Linux

Edited by Technicavolous
Added uname result