Android on H6 Boards

joaofl

There is another tip I found on the PineH6 forums to get GooglePlay working on it.

Consists of replacing /system/priv-app/GmsCore with the /system/priv-app/PrebuiltGmsCore from the Zidoo OTA. After that play services is said to work fine.

4 minutes ago, joaofl said:

There is another tip I found on the PineH6 forums to get GooglePlay working on it.

Consists of replacing /system/priv-app/GmsCore with the /system/priv-app/PrebuiltGmsCore from the Zidoo OTA. After that play services is said to work fine.

yes, only for the pine image, the orange pi image is missing the rest of the framework but there are ways to fudge it

16 hours ago, Noah E. Koeppel said:

lunch

this command requires python-lunch to work, but still, after typing it it gives the error:

No such file: /home/joao/.lunchrc

Should I compile from an specific absolute directory? Wont make do the job?

14 minutes ago, Noah E. Koeppel said:

yes, run from the android root directory

$ source build/envsetup.sh
or
$ . build/envsetup.sh

and lunch should work

That worked. But now when I type make -j 6 (which I guess is missing in your tutorial), I get another error:

ninja: Entering directory `.'
ninja: error: 'device/softwinner/petrel-p1/kernel', needed by 'out/target/product/petrel-p1/kernel', missing and no known rule to make it
build/core/ninja.mk:148: recipe for target 'ninja_wrapper' failed
make: *** [ninja_wrapper] Error 1

But notice that I'm trying to compile the PineH64 android.

I've tried with all options from 22 to 26 (the petrel ones).

7 minutes ago, Noah E. Koeppel said:

before you make you have to 

I missed that :wacko:

Now its compiling... Lets see how it goes... Ill test the output image as well to check if there is any improvement compared to the previous one.

Compiled and tested, but it seems more buggy than the image they provide. Haven't tested much, but Ive noticed for example that it doesnt go Idle. Should test a bit more, but it seems that they dont include their tunning on the image they distribute.

2 hours ago, joaofl said:

Compiled and tested, but it seems more buggy than the image they provide. Haven't tested much, but Ive noticed for example that it doesnt go Idle. Should test a bit more, but it seems that they dont include their tunning on the image they distribute.

Yeah, i tried to warn you, it's not configured at all for anything specific, hopefully we'll get an actual repository for the modified source at some point.

7 hours ago, goosh said:

@Noah, could you pls share the image?

Sure but it'll probably only boot on the One Plus if at all, I didn't configure ram/bt/wifi or anything it should all be default and I fried mine so I can't test it. (I might have changed something in the ram settings but it didn't seem to make a difference for me) It's a PhoenixCard image.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1l5cFJKIHqBw-nDYOPlKBXI5iGkcGC9rS/view?usp=sharing

On 6.3.2018 at 2:59 AM, joaofl said:

You need to unpack the boot_package.fex files to expose the 3 dtb files that are inside it (only the third one seems to be a valid one), using this tool

Can you please provide the correct .dtb for PineH64 from the Android image? Yesterday this guy arrived and I thought I play the game the other way around (using Xunlong's Ubuntu 'server' image and tweak it to be usable with PineH64):

800px-PineH64_3.jpg

BTW: This is the DT for Orange Pi One Plus: https://pastebin.com/ewNGZcS0

25 minutes ago, Da Alchemist said:

I would not recommend to take Xulongs Serverimage as a start. Sources are mixed up from Debian and Ubuntu, if you try to install something , you Break something else on the other side.

I don't care about the 'quality' of their image since replacing this with an Armbian 64-bit userland is quite easy. I just don't want to waste too much time (as with A64 2 years ago), so starting with something that at least is known to boot (u-boot + BSP kernel) is the best way. All I need is the .dts file extracted from Pine's Android image @joaofl most probably has already lying somewhere around...

10 hours ago, Noah E. Koeppel said:

i tried the linux version of that tool but couldn't get it to work, i'll give it another shot or try the windows version

Since @joaofl wrote 'Then to repack them simply type cat *.dtb > boot_package.fex' no tool should be needed anyway. It's just a bunch of concatenated .dtb so all you need to know is the magic number to split the file into the individual '.dtb' files: https://github.com/file/file/blob/daaf6d44768677aca17af780bba0a451fbb69ac8/magic/Magdir/linux#L403

Edit: Not true since it's only one real .dtb file plus some Allwinner proprietary BLOBs with random suffixes

On 3/19/2018 at 8:41 PM, tkaiser said:

'Then to repack them simply type cat *.dtb > boot_package.fex'

To get the OrangePi image with the Pine H64 image, replace the whole boot_package.fex file from one to another. If you wanna hack the dtb files, then you have to unpack the .fex file into this 3 dtb files. The first 2 can not get converted from dtb to dts. The third one does seem to be the one we are interested..

Another important point is that, when I've tried to repack the fex file with dtb files mixed from one Orange to Pine, I got an unbootable image. So there is some dependencies among these 2 first dtb files and the main one. The first bytes seem to play a role on on getting the whole thing working, dont know which. Maybe it is simply because the main dtb file is referenced somewhere else by its byte position in the files. Maybe simply by changing the files size can mess it up (only guessing).

@tkaiser follows the link to the dtb and dts files extracted from android image of the PineH64: https://mega.nz/#F!4MMQjbbC!gonZ69Vbx4rp3F5x9Y1Cig

@Noah E. Koeppel I followed the steps from this post here on linux. If you cant get it right let my know.

9 hours ago, joaofl said:

@tkaiser follows the link to the dtb and dts files extracted from the Orange Pi One Plus android image 1.2: https://mega.nz/#F!4MMQjbbC!gonZ69Vbx4rp3F5x9Y1Cig

Thank you. So to focus on the relevant stuff (device tree definitions suitable for Allwinner's boring 3.10 kernel):

BTW: while Allwinner is using the suffix .fex for a lot of BSP stuff we shouldn't call those BLOBs fex files since misleading. Their fex format is how sys_config.fex looks like (and it's a bit sad that they still internally use this for describing the hardware and then convert to .dts later) while all those various concatenations of BLOBs are for whatever reasons named .fex too but are just some random BLOB containing Allwinner proprietary stuff.

On 21.3.2018 at 7:26 PM, joaofl said:

let us know if it works

Replacing the .dtb file contents with the one for PineH64 works somewhat (at least the kernel uses the updated .dtb -- see the gmac-power0, gmac-power1 and gmac-power2 entries in serial console output). But then with the Xunlong image PineH64 panics: https://pastebin.com/h9G1kRQx

Same modified image boots on an OPi Lite2 but... this Allwinner BSP crap is that horrible that it's really not worth a look (at least for the stuff I'm interested in). UAS is not supported, quick USB3 storage 'performance' test results in 40/45 MB/s read/write with an EVO840 SSD, no drivers included for any of the popular USB Ethernet dongles. I had the idea to do some tests with the BSP to get some baseline numbers but in this state this is all just a waste of time...

On 11-4-2018 at 6:12 PM, joaofl said:

Xunlong have released a new android image (v1.3) with Google Play working. Have anybody tested it? Any other improvement expected?

Here is the link:  https://mega.nz/#F!wbRFwYyA!a-xbNcCcBQl8UlvTdwNj-g!9TBmCJAL

Will test it later this day.

It looks and feels the same as the v.12 rom except it has GAPPS installed.

On 4/15/2018 at 9:03 AM, Maurice Vroegop said:

Will test it later this day.

It looks and feels the same as the v.12 rom except it has GAPPS installed.

True... As buggy as the previous.. development seems to be stagnant