ASUS Tinker Board Bluetooth

TonyMac32

22 minutes ago, Myy said:

Note that rtk_hciattach might just not work after the first activation

That has been my experience with the Rockchip RFKill as well, so...  ;-). TBH I would probably stop using the Rockchip RFKill driver on 4.4 and do it this way if it works well.

27 minutes ago, Jyu Ho said:

everything works fine even after several reboots

Excellent!  Thank you, and @Myy  I will see about getting this at least into the build system for tonight, then it should be in the next rollout.  Existing users will have to do some work, however, as daemons aren't part of our update path ("demons" sometimes are, but that is quite different...  :lol: )

I tested Armbian Debian Stretch with the 4.14.34-rockchip kernel and for the moment the audio source of the HDMI is not displayed via aplay-l. I think the patch is not yet active on this release

ah ok, yeah it's not in Armbian yet, I was just waiting for it to be merged upstream since no one was complaining.  I will see about patching it in the meantime if it isn't going to make it into 4.14 fixes.

I am doing a build with the modification for the hdmi and I add more support for the controller (GreenAsia etc ..) because I am carrying a port of Retropie on ArmbianOS. So if in the release you do, if you could integrate more support for the controllers it would be great and transparent for the rest of the other users. I am carrying under Stretch and without a desk

don't forgot this one https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/10297391/

On 5/13/2018 at 2:33 PM, Jyu Ho said:

if you could integrate more support for the controllers

Anything in-tree, I don't see a problem.

On 5/13/2018 at 2:33 PM, Jyu Ho said:

Yep.  :)

I have the service working on my end, I consolidated everything down a bit to reduce the number of working parts/etc, one thing that stuck out was the script @Jyu Ho pasted in had an else block which meant if the gpio was not initialized it would initialize it and then not attempt to reset/communicate, I was confused for a bit when I'd boot and have the GPIO ready but no bt....  :lol:

@Igor, if this works as expected on every boot I'm going to try it on 4.4 and potentially avoid using the Rockchip rfkill altogether, it bypasses any unexpected software updates/"upgrades" that might happen, especially since the rtl8723bs isn't even technically supported so it is treated as "generic bt" [Done]

I'm going to do some cleanup and get this committed to next/dev.  I also apparently need to fix hdmi on dev, but Myy already took care of that. :thumbup:

Updated first post to reflect status, stuck the historical info into a spoiler.

From tinker dts:

sound {
		compatible = "simple-audio-card";
		simple-audio-card,format = "i2s";
		simple-audio-card,name = "rockchip,tinker-codec";
		simple-audio-card,mclk-fs = <512>;

simple-audio-card,codec {
			sound-dai = <&hdmi>;
		};

simple-audio-card,cpu {
			sound-dai = <&i2s>;
		};
};

Still getting a "could not get #sound-dai-cells" error, dtsi for the HDMI says nothing about it.

1 hour ago, zador.blood.stained said:

We are talking about mainline (next ranch), right?

Well, I must be blind.  I'll add that one in and that should fix it.  Thank you.

I'm developing this armbian fork for some rk3288 tv boxes. In my case audio via HDMI is working well in next kernel (4.14). I used the patched tinkerboard dts as "inspiration" for that part. I also had problems with audio until I bypassed these two lines:

chroot $SDCARD /bin/bash -c "sed -i -e '/#load-module module-alsa-sink/r /usr/local/bin/pulseaudio.txt' /etc/pulse/default.pa >/dev/null 2>&1"
chroot $SDCARD /bin/bash -c "rm /usr/local/bin/pulseaudio.txt"

in build/config/sources/rockchip.conf for tinkerboard. You may take a look on github for that source code

Also bluetooth is working fine (no hardware rfkill though), and I can happily stream audio from the phone to the monitor, but those tv boxes use broadcom-based AP6330 wifi SoCs.

Yeah, I had a feeling that might be part of it, however that kills the onboard headphone amplifier defs to get rid of it.  I'll have to figure out a compromise, I'm not completely sure why that is causing any issues, it's sticking a couple lines into the config to name the USB audio endpoints, you can look at the file itself in the build system...